Please note I have direct access to the CTO on this position.
A leading privately held Global Cloud Managed Service Provider is looking for a Director of Cloud Engineering. The company has been in business for 15+ years, is very profitable, has been a Google Enterprise Partner for 10+ years, is also the largest Google Cloud Platform Partner in the U.S. and recently was named Americas Google Partner of the Year. The company has increased revenue 10-fold in the last 5 years to $100+ million, has 150+ employees, has been recognized as one of the fastest growing private companies 8 years in a row and was recently named one of the Best Places to Work.
This is a brand new high exposure position with the opportunity to build out a World Class Cloud Department, Team and Cloud Infrastructures that will have a significant impact on the company’s financial success.
The Director of Cloud Engineering will:
- Be responsible for building, from the ground up, a Cloud Center of Excellent (CoE) including designing Cloud Best Practices and hiring, training and mentoring a team of Cloud Engineers. (Company plans to hire 10 Cloud Engineers in 2018 and 20 in 2019)
- Initially have top to bottom full responsibility for designing, architecting, building out, scaling and managing new Cloud Infrastructures for clients from the ground up based on Google Compute Platform and AWS until Cloud Team is formed at which point the Director of Cloud Engineering will lead team in Cloud deployments and implementations
- Utilize their Cloud expertise to develop best in class state of the art cloud infrastructures.
- Lead Cloud Engineers in the actual deployment of new ground up Google Compute Platform and AWS Services, hybrid Cloud and On Prem Infrastructures and migration from other Cloud Platforms.
The Director of Cloud Engineering will report to the CTO
Note: The CTO will consider an AWS Cloud expert that is willing to be trained on and deploy GCP until the AWS business spins up mid-2018.
The company offers unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)/Vacation, paid holidays, matching 401K, Medical, Dental and Vision plans, Tuition reimbursement, FSA, Life Insurance, Gym Membership subsidization, catered Breakfast and Lunch every day and flex hours.
- Must have extensive experience designing, architecting, building out and deploying Cloud infrastructures from the ground up. Google Compute Platform expertise is preferred, but the company will accept AWS Cloud experts willing to train in and work on GPC deployments until the AWS business is launched.
- Experience leading and managing Cloud Engineers
- Must have a breadth of experience with GCP’s Services including Google Compute, GCP Storage, GCP Networking, GCP Big Data, GCP Security, GPC ML and GCP Development Tools and Environments. The Director doesn’t expect the candidate to be an expert in all GCP Services, but the more scope of experience the better.
- Experience architecting ground up new Cloud deployments, hybrid Cloud and On Prem Infrastructures and migrations from Cloud to Cloud Platforms
- Must have recent experience with Kubernetes for automating deployments and management of containerized applications
- Recent experience with Ansible and/or Puppet for cloud provisioning, configuration management and application deployment
- Previous experience writing Python and/or Bash scripts
The following are only a Plus (NOT mandatory):
- Google Cloud Architect or Google Cloud Administrator or AWS Solutions Architect or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Certifications a plus
- Experience with a MSP, Professional Services or any client facing role
- Any experience within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, etc. will be a huge plus
- Understanding of emerging computing trends (Microservices, ML, Big Data, IoT, etc.)
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science or a related degree