A Director of Data Science Lead position is available in Scottsdale, AZ..through Modis. This isn t a big data job, it s a predictive modeling job based on a proprietary algorithm to accelerate patient diagnosis and improve the accuracy in how patients are treated. This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor and work in a startup environment where you set the direction, control the work, and lead a team to build the system from the ground up.
- Working with illness, patient, and historical medical history information to define and implement an FDA approved diagnostic system.
- Be a hands-on contributor with the ability to lead a team of developers to create the first of an n-generation solution. Once created, leverage new data and information to refine and improve the predictive engine s accuracy and speed.
- Make recommendations on our technical and business direction to grow the company.
- Build a fast, accurate, and scalable predictive model based on medical data that is available.
- Define the operating environment in which the system runs and contribute to the overall architecture
- Proactively contribute in leadership meetings advising on new opportunities to apply advanced analytic concepts within the healthcare industry.
- A formal degree (preferably an MS or PhD) in a quantitative discipline such as computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics, that demonstrates education in the analytics space.
- Strong background in leadership to lead a Development team.
- 5+ years of experience using quantitative methods to solve complex, meaningful analytical problems.
- Familiarity with development ( Python preferred)
- Strong algorithmic development skills
- Understanding of applied mathematics and statistics
- Design and evaluate the system and data architecture to achieve the desired results.
- Authoritative quantitative analysis skills, especially in machine learning.
- Interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, initiative and integrity.
For more information please contact: Ashley Bruns (602) 384-2807 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
.Modis is an equal opportunity employer.