As the Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I), you will join a dynamic team and be instrumental in driving DE&I strategy and goals. This position reports directly to the Global Head of Culture and Workplace Experience. You will play a critical role in developing and driving the DE&I strategy, ensuring the growth and success of the Employee Resource Groups, and build partnerships with key cross-functional partners including Marketing, Supplier Diversity and all members of the Leadership Teams. As a subject matter expert, you will oversee and analyze company demographics, assess trends, and provide data-informed insights to key partners.
- The Director of DE&I is an evangelist for the DE&I vision and is a leader in effectively integrating our mission across People Operations, Centers of Expertise, the business, our platform users and external communities.
- Drive institutional programming for new people leaders, employee development programs, apprenticeship/mentorship programs, culture enriching programs, etc.
- Facilitate thought provoking discussions with Poshmark and lead strategy sessions.
- Continuously measure the impact of initiatives to inform decision making.
- Manage global DE&I budget.
- Design and launch company-wide DE&I governance model including a DE&I council.
People Team and Business Advisory Services
- Serve as advisor and collaborator with cross-functional executives and partners.
- Lead as an advocate, mentor and resource to all employees.
- Drive strategic efforts to hire and retain a diverse and skilled workforce while driving inclusion and building a sense of belonging.
- Use data to inform decisions and act as a consultant for all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including: recruiting, onboarding, performance management, org planning, L&D, leadership development, etc.
- Own relationships with external partners to grow our impact in the communities we serve.
Industry Intelligence and Voice of DE&I
- Use industry and academic insights to remain at the forefront of emerging trends and solutions. You keep your finger on the pulse of the latest research and use that to advise the strategic direction for the team and company.
- Research and provide competitive insights from both an employment and business perspective.
- Build and implement a communications strategy to provide direction on improving internal and external channels.
- Bring a narrative approach and use powerful storytelling to build impact.
Operations and Initiatives Oversight
- Serve as the strategic and operational partner to the Head of Culture and Workplace Experience and DE&I team for DE&I initiatives. This includes:
- Crafting and implementing the team's initiative roadmap.
- Directing and advising cross-functional programs to deliver impact.
- Orchestrate and present at events supporting the DE&I strategy across partnerships both with internal and external communities.
Are you committed to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion? Do you inspire as a leader, thought partner, and agent of change? Are you comfortable with ambiguity and constant change? If so, you also bring the following to the table:
- Proven success collaborating, establishing rapport, and delivering with impact through your strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record in practicing effective change management within a dynamic, matrixed organization.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with experience in multiple communication modes, including social media.
- Experience identifying and implementing standard methodologies with a command of DE&I concepts, challenges, and opportunities.
- Experience working with and advising executive leaders to drive transformational change and adoption.
- Creative thinking and the ability to articulate a vision and operational priorities to teams across the organization.
- At least 5 years of experience in scoping, designing, and implementing DE&I programs at scale.
- Experience working as a HR Business Partner is a plus.
- Master's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Flexibility to travel (sometimes internationally) when needed.