Director of Engineering, Test
Cisco Security Business Group (SBG) develops and markets security products and solutions for Cisco's Borderless Networks. These products protect customer investments by providing infrastructure, perimeter and application level security, including products to deploy, operate and monitor policy throughout the infrastructure.
The Security Management is one of the most critical products of SBG. This product has high visibility both within the Business unit and across several other of Cisco product/technology organizations and other functions like Advanced Services, Customer Advocacy, etc. Security Manager enables customers to build, enforce and monitor security policies effectively through its easy to use graphical user interface.
The successful candidate will have ample opportunities to interact with our customers to learn how they deploy network security solutions. Knowledge from our customer's day-to-day operations will be utilized to transform our product to meet customer's operational challenges such as scalability, usability, virtualization, and high availability.
The leadership team is looking for a highly energetic, motivated and technical sharp Director of Engineering, Test to work with the development engineering and manager system test teams, and more critically, collaborate with other product engineering teams and cross-functional teams such as Product Marketing, Usability Engineering, customer-facing operations like Systems Engineers, Escalation etc.
The successful candidate will have a unique blend of technical knowledge and exceptional communication and problem-solving skills, coupled with a proven track record of successful contributions to the quality of large software product teams. This role includes driving testability at various levels from System Integration to System Level testing including performance/scalability, Interoperability and end-to-end solutions testing, and working with architects to define the strategy, modify or enhancing as needed.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a system-level focus while understanding the impact of every component, Agile work principles, with experiences of handling challenges arising out of front-end and back-end phases of the development life cycle. Should be well versed to define and calibrate test efficacy. Broad knowledge of and exposure to networking and network management are essential for success in this role.
Required Skills: The candidate should possess one or more of the following primary skills:
* Security Domain Expertise
* Strong Networking and Management skills
* Building and managing strong Agile teams
* Knowledgeable on security (such as NG firewall) technologies
* Knowledge in using security testing tools & traffic generators
* Experience with building and maintaining an automation test framework is required.
* Possess strong Leadership skills and mentoring of groups of engineers and managers.
* Experience in testing.
* Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written) and technical skills
* Must work well in a team environment, be highly motivated, and willing to learn new skills
* Experience of having worked as a member of a SCRUM team delivering high quality software in two week sprints
* Having Cisco Certification such as CCNA/CCNP/CCIE (Routing / Security) is a plus.
* Typically requires MS EE/CS combined with 10+ yrs related experience, or BS EE/CS combined with 14+ years of related experience