Job#: 1259522 Job Description: Position
: Director of Engineering - Web & MobileLocation
: Austin, TXPosition Type:
Direct Hire - full timeBrief Project Description:
Join the team that's bringing innovation to car insurance by empowering members to personalize their monthly car insurance rates using their smartphones. The mission is to build a safe-driving community through responsible driving while providing rewards and discounts to members based off of their driving activity metrics.Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and maintain an awesome suite of mobile and web applications that is transforming car insurance product for our members;
- Evaluate the current state of our applications, facilitate technical discussions with the team to identify improvements, and take the applications to the next level (e.g. implement reusable components, design patterns, OWASP guidelines);
- Own engineering design and implementation;
- Perform sprint planning/ retros, code reviews, task triage, and own the metrics;
- Spend time on developing prototypes;
- Partner effectively with cross-functional teams to execute product roadmap;
- Hire and mentor team members.
Nice to have:
- Have 10+ years of software development experience;
- Have 5+ years of experience in managing engineering teams;
- Have designed and developed highly scalable, available, and secure web and mobile applications;
- Have developed iOS and Android applications using React Native or native languages;
- Have expert knowledge in async processing concepts in web and mobile applications;
- Have working knowledge in implementing geofencing, push notifications, and diagnostics on mobile frameworks;
- Have taken ideas from concept to market;
- Have a Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent experience.
- Recent experience working in a startup;
- Full-stack engineering experience (e.g. Java, SQL, NoSQL, Node, Python).
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at