Title: Director of Engineering Design
Our global client is experiencing rapid growth and is seeking a talented and motivated Director of Engineering Design. This individual will own the entire design process, balancing the needs of innovation and time to market demands, they will play a major role in growing the company s future plans for success.
- Takes control and ownership of design, equipment selection, assessment of needs, and initiating development of an overall design plan.
- Assure that there are sound engineering processes in place and that there is a discipline established to follow them.
- Offer best in class design solutions, utilizing real world examples, means, and methods.
- Lead a team of professional engineers, architects and designers who define design criteria, lead scope definition and justification, and develop design concepts.
- Ensure Document Control Processes are followed and maintained, utilizing the latest Design Specifications available.
- Assist in improving production techniques and develop test procedures. Recommends methods for improvement based on manufacturing needs and capabilities.
- Provide guidance and direction to group members including setting performance standards and monitoring outcomes.
- Provide consultation and expert advice to management or other groups on technical or process-related topics that may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations and/or inter-team/group relations.
- Monitor and control resources and expenditures. Prepare budgets.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies that may improve operations, and develop recommendations accordingly.
- Set sales goals and operating budget targets in support of revenue objectives, as well as monitoring key metrics and addressing issues related to plant, equipment and employee care.
- Actively influence the efforts of sales, marketing, and product development in support of business plans.
- Demonstrated ability to manage all phases of a design project
- 10-15 years of related experience with management responsibilities inclusive of manufacturing industry experience and electro-mechanical design application.
- Computer skills required: High level of computer competency in CAD
- Knowledge of large mission critical facility s mechanical infrastructure systems
- Knowledge and experience with cooling systems common to data centers and other 24/7 critical environments
- Bachelor s degree, preferably in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering
Benefits: Competitive overall benefit package