Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
Manages a Software Engineering department of multiple groups comprised of technical team members and managers from varied disciplines. Has significant responsibility for developing the capabilities of senior level staff and managers. Practice area leader for engineering standards. PRODUCT LEADERSHIP TEAM'S MISSION
Own and deliver solutions supporting the Title product and Settlement service lines of business. There technical solutions are collectively referred to as the FAST and Core Services (FACS) line of products. Responsible for partnering with stakeholders to define FACS strategy, and producing results that exceed expectation by leading teams of Architects, Engineers and Engineering managers. ROLE OVERVIEW
The organization is on an exciting transformation journey and moving from the classic data center to cloud engineering model. We are looking for a person who has previous engineering leadership experience in building future proof solutions using cloud technologies. We are in search of a leader who has lived and thrived during the transformation journey by not just leading the current processes, but by the virtue of thinking out-of-the-box and working on developing modern engineering practices and processes.
You'll be responsible for the overall quality, engineering, security, and architecture standards in FACS products as a practice area leader. You'll set aspirational product architectural, security, quality, devops standards and ensure they are implemented in FACS product life cycle. You will need to demonstrate an extensive knowledge of InfoSec and compliance requirements and lead the teams to incorporate in SDLC process.
You'll use this knowledge, experience, and internal relationships to support to the product team throughout the product development process to ensure the timely delivery of well designed, quality (low cost of ownership to maintain), and compliant products.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Mentor and coach engineering teams implementing industry best practices.
- Hire engineers and architects to build and form product teams to execute the technology strategy.
- Be a practice area leader towards engineering excellence.
- Ensure product teams adhere engineering excellence with consistent processes, playbooks & runbooks in accordance with Secure DevOps practices.
- Create highly productive teams who apply the modern engineering practices such as CI/CD, DevOps, security, and microservices with a customer centric approach.
- Create smaller product teams who can work with full autonomy automating the processes within the enterprise environment and guardrails.
- Write and maintain a standard set of Non-Functional Requirements.
- Provide guidelines on production support standards.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in engineering leadership role.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in leading engineering teams in mission critical applications.
- Experience working in large enterprise regulated industries.
- Exposure on cloud modernization effort converting legacy technologies to cloud native solutions.
- You have experience of working and leading in an agile capacity.
- You can manage through complexity, lead with influence, make hard decisions, and persevere when things are less than ideal.
- You have experience in working and navigating between different groups within the company achieving the desired results.
- Exposure to ML and AI concepts is preferred.
#techreferral #dice #LI-JD1
- AWS/Azure cloud services.
- Microservices and API first approach.
- Programming languages .Net core, Python, NodeJs, etc...
- Database technologies SQL server, DynamoDB, RDS, MongoDB, etc...
- Enterprise event messaging platforms, RabbitMQ, AWS Queues, etc...
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.