Director of Enterprise Applications is responsible for:
The Director is responsible for preserving the integrity and optimizing the value of the portfolio of Enterprise Applications in supporting the on-going operational needs of the college. This includes areas like security, business continuity, day-to-day operations, upgrades, improvements and enhancements, as well as bringing on new technology as needs are identified. This key leadership role has exposure to all key initiatives and strategies; and requires understanding of customer needs and challenges in fully leveraging the available technology. Working with CIO and other IT leaders, the Director will develop overall Applications strategy in the context of the business strategy.
This role is responsible for the management, security, integrity, programming and disaster recovery planning of all administrative server systems and centralized data processing for the college. The position oversees all Administrative Computing (ERP) platforms and services and is responsible for the development and maintenance of a complex technological infrastructure within an academic environment and the successful integration of security, legislative and academic requirements. This includes feasibility studies, project estimates (time and cost), hardware and software requirements, and coordinating planning across Information Technology and other department groups. The Director assigns and prioritizes approved projects to programming/analyst and consultant personnel.
Responsibilities/DutiesLeadership & Management
- Supervises Enterprise Applications programming staff. Responsible for the full employee life cycle for employees who report to this position. Directs administrative system planning/architecture, analysis and programming for the administrative computing and associated systems.
- Leads or coordinates the analysis, design, and programming for the Enterprise Application portfolio and other third party and custom databases and software. Coordinates quality assurance for all new and current Enterprise Applications, processes, and databases.
- Assists the CIO in formulating policies and procedures for this area
- Oversees Enterprise Applications standards and procedures
- Ensure that application development processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with the College s technical policies and applicable standards and legislation
- Assigns projects or approved programming services requests to programming/analyst personnel.
- Acts as a project leader for assigned projects. This includes typical software development lifecycle phases such as: requirements gathering, coding, testing, documentation, program implementation and user acceptance.
- Performs analysis and consults with clients to determine feasibility, desired results, and the method to be used to accomplish the objective. Prepares high level design specifications and guidelines from which programs can be written.
- Evaluates current processes and recommends solutions that can streamline and provide efficiencies in cost and process time.
- Provides planning; strategic and tactical support for the Enterprise Applications, related sub-systems and 3rd party products.
- Mentors and develops staff members. Serves as an expert resource when needed.
- Ensures Enterprise Application security (and access) is appropriate.
- Oversees installation and manages integration between Enterprise Applications and other related systems.
- Provides oversight and planning for the annual business recovery rehearsal, disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Partners with IT, the Working Groups (HR, Finance, Student, Portal, etc.) and other business leaders to understand the needs of the business and works to ensure the Enterprise Applications are properly aligned to meet business priorities.
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization.
- Leads and facilitates the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies or capabilities that can be applied within the Enterprise System Portfolio.
- Establishes, monitors and reports on SLAs with the business units. Prepares system development cost estimates, budgets and schedules.
- Prepares and presents project proposals to management and business partner departments.
Required Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Education: A Bachelor s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Education/Training in the areas of Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Minimum of (5) year s or related work experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of one or more ERP systems and associated products Ability to prioritize workload effectively, delegate tasks and work efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; this position will meet with clients from all functional areas of the college. Excellent analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to listen to clients needs and requirements and translate those requirements into actionable plans and projects.
- Ability to manage Programmer/Analysts and Operations Specialist staff. Strong project management experience.
- Prior portal/web management experience
- Thorough understanding of SDLC and code management knowledge and experience in managing cloud-based applications
- Experience managing vendors in both systems implementations and support of ongoing operations Understanding of FERPA and HIPAA-regulated environment is strongly desired.
- Experience in an institution of Higher Education.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
Preferred Education and Training: Master s degree and related professional certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of cyber security.
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure management including data center and network management.
- Experience developing or managing database systems like MS SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Familiarity with Reporting, Visualization, and data analytic software packages.
- Prior experience with Document Imaging / Document Management and its integration into ERP and other systems.
- Experience with VMs VMware.