Director of Global IT Security
Primary Location – Chicago, IL
V-Soft Consulting is an end-to-end recruiting and staffing solution provider known for our ability to provide highly qualified consultants for any project at any scale.
What makes us different? Our expertise is derived from over 20 years of delivering world-class IT staffing, consulting, engineering and managed services to Fortune 1000 and mid-market companies in the U.S., Canada, and Asia. V-Soft is a trusted partner with experience across diverse technology stacks to help business get IT done.
Like what you hear? Apply with V-Soft today!
V-Soft Consulting is currently seeking a Director of Global IT Security for our premier client in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, direct hire position in the waste management industry.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Technical Requirements and Certifications »
- Extensive knowledge of threats, risk analysis and the development of security systems and protocols
- Extensive understanding of digital investigations and underlying principles. Applicable fields of digital investigations include: computer forensics, network forensics, mobile forensics, e-discovery, malware analysis, memory analysis, and a strong understanding of information security principles
- Security and forensic related certifications strongly preferred.
Education and Experience »
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent work experience; an M.B.A. or M.S. in information security is preferred. Certification from CISSP or CISM/CISA
- A minimum of 10 years of IT Security experience in roles of progressively increasing responsibility
- 3 or more years in a management capacity
- Experience developing and maintaining policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
- Experience with information security management frameworks, such as International Standards Organization (ISO) 2700x, NIST, the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) frameworks
- Experience in system technology security testing (vulnerability scanning and penetration testing).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities »
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and documenting security architecture and plans, including strategic, tactical and project plans
- Demonstrated understanding of malware and ability to perform behavioral analysis is required
- Demonstrated understanding of threat vectors and related artifacts subsequently left behind and methods of re-trieving and interpreting them
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Job Responsibilities »
- Provide overall global information security management direction across all company Enterprise to create a global security roadmap
- Drive the development and communication of policies, procedures, and guidelines that are necessary to implement appropriate processes for access control, monitoring, vulnerability management, configuration management, etc.
- Partner with all IT teams to develop and implement controls and configurations aligned with security standards and policies, along with legal, regulatory and audit requirements; ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration of hardware, applications and software being integrated into the company. Ensure that there is a convergence of business, technical and security requirements and align existing technical installed base and skills with future architectural requirements
- Implement and maintain processes which promote operational efficiencies and quality services. Provide interpretation and input to internal policies and procedures, organizational structures and productivity standards and overseeing compliance to these standards
- Collaborate with IT staff to develop and ensure internal controls are in place and coordinate the implementation and documentation of technical controls to support and enforce defined security policies
- Manage relationships with third party providers of service delivery and security monitoring and/or tools to ensure assets are being protected. Create a program for continuous assessment of infor-mation security practices with partners and service/vendor providers
- Lead efforts to meet customer security requirements and respond to customer assessments
- Participate with external parties such as customer, prospective customers, auditors, or regulators during IT reviews, security assessments, and/or security incident investigations. Monitor the internal state of security on an on-going basis for continuous improvement
- Provide security subject matter expertise for projects, both technical and business, including in-volvement in requirements development, process/system selection and design, and implementation and training. Maintain a knowledgebase comprising of emerging technologies, security advisories and alerts, information on security trends and practices, and laws and regulations
- Assist and guide disaster recovery planning in the selection of recovery strategies and the develop-ment, testing and maintenance of disaster recovery plans
- Provide technology vision, enable innovation, and understand and implement the technology trends that can create business value.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
V-Soft Consulting Group is headquartered in Louisville, KY with strategic locations in India and across the U.S., including Madison, Chicago, Denver, Harrisburg and Atlanta. Based in the Chicago office, you will be part of an agile innovative technology service company, recently recognized among the top 100 fastest growing staffing companies in North America. V-Soft has a wide variety of partnerships across diverse technology stacks, and holds such titles as MuleSoft Certified Delivery Resource, Oracle Gold Partner, ServiceNow Partner, Microsoft Partner and Cisco Registered Partner, amongst many others.
For more information or to view all our open jobs, please visit www.vsoftconsulting.com or call (847) 425-1760.