Kforce has an exciting executive opportunity! We are currently seeking a Director of IT/CTO for a public entity located in San Diego, CA. This individual is responsible for establishing the technical vision and leading all aspects of technology development. This opportunity offers great work life balance and works a 9/80 work week, that means every other Friday off! US citizenship is required for this role. (Kforce is the exclusive retained search partner for this Director of IT/CTO)
Under general policy direction from the Executive Director (President/CEO), the ideal candidate plans, organizes and directs the activities of the department in providing sophisticated, comprehensive IT and voice/data communications programs and services to support the achievement of our mission and strategies. The candidate provides expert professional assistance and guidance to management on technology strategy, long-term technology initiatives and investments and uses of technology to meet operational, security and business requirements.
* Works with company executives and managers to evaluate current and anticipated IT requirements and examines alternative approaches; works with executives to prioritize applications development, upgrade requests; recommends action plans that will produce optimal return on investments; promotes the uses of sound technology
* Develops reports, alternatives and recommendations involving a broad range of complex support issues; makes presentations to management and others on projects and department operations; recommends policy and procedural improvements
* Oversee a department of 30+ associates; evaluates the performance of managers and staff; establishes performance standards, monitors performance and provides coaching
* Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in management information systems, computer science, business administration, or a closely related field
* At least ten years of progressively responsible information systems experience at least four years of which were in a management capacity and at least three years of which involved complex project management
* Experience with SAP systems, business applications, and IT infrastructure and operations
Qualified candidates must be presently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. US Citizenship Required.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.