Company is the premier cardiovascular medicine practice in the Florida area. We are the largest cardiology group in the Tampa Bay area with 23 physicians, 10 advanced practice professionals, 175 employees with three large offices with a full complement of ancillary services including CT, an office-based Cath Lab and ambulatory surgery center. With our superb physicians, state-of-the-art technology, and specialized expertise, we have proudly served the cardiovascular medicine needs of our community for over 45 years.
COMPANY is seeking an experienced Director of Information Technology who Is responsible for the strategy, planning, operations, and security risk management of company's information systems. The Director is responsible for supervising company's IT staff in developing and monitoring company's IT budget.
Summary Job Description
- Plan the Information Systems Department activities including goals to be obtained and resources utilized.
- Hire, develop, and supervise all IT staff.
- Deliver projects, features and upgrades utilizing project management methodology.
- Communicate with physicians, managers, and staff to solve issues, meet deadlines and deliver desired changes.
- Implement new technologies to meet the clinical needs of the practice.
- Develop, review and revise operating policies and procedures.
- Enforce and maintain data integrity policies and procedures.
- Maintain network infrastructure, data replication systems and ensure successful data backups.
- Maintain strong relationship with network management service vendor and other vendors.
- Manage Clinical Informatics including imaging systems, servers and modalities, coordinate upgrades with clinical department managers.
- Minimize unexpected downtime of systems.
- Promote a cyber security culture including serving as company's HIPPA security officer.
- Manage and maintain company's GEMMS One EHR system.
- Manage and maintain company's websites and social media presence.
- Manage the Help Desk staff, network and security training for all staff members.
- Manage and maintain company’s network telephone system.
- Serve as a member of company’s senior management crisis team.
A bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years as a senior IT administrator, preferably in a healthcare setting, is required. Knowledge of physician EMR and practice management systems is a must and experience with the GEMMS One System is preferred.