Job Title: Director of Perception Algorithm
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Employment Term: Full-Time/Permanent/Direct Hire
Visa Sponsorship? Yes (H1B + – sponsor in 1 year if good performance)
Industry: Aviation and Aerospace Component Manufacturing
Salary: Open and Negotiable
Responsible for delivering both onboard and offline perception algorithms using deep learning for robots (drones).
- Design perception algorithms on stereo depth estimation, segmentation, detection, tracking, 3D reconstruction, etc.
- Design semi-supervised/unsupervised method in perception problems in drone.
- Research into state-of-the-art method in computer vision or deep learning.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on developing or improving perception algorithms.
- Mentor team members and develop their career path.
- Doctoral degree, more than 3 years of deep learning algorithm research and project experience.
- Successful development experience of deep learning algorithms in visual target detection, tracking, semantic/instance segmentation, depth estimation, 3D reconstruction, etc.
- Deep understanding of the iterative process of data-driven algorithm development, and familiarity with Pytorch.
- Familiar with Python/C++.
- Have more than one year of experience in leading a team and managing projects.
- Previous experience in robotics is a bonus but not required.
- Round 1 – CTO (he's in charge of perception, simulation, and motion planning – this Director position reports directly to this CTO)
- Round 2 – Head of AI
- Round 3 – Technical Team