p> Director of Software Engineering, DevOps
In today-s digitally connected world, an organization-s security program should enable the business as well as protect it from an evolving threat landscape. Traditional security approaches alone are not enough to close the gaps that cybercriminals will try to exploit. Combined with Secureworks technology, our dedicated experts work across all security layers to detect faster, respond smarter, and predict and prevent more threats altogether. Our team-s holistic approach to security empowers organizations with the confidence to grow and innovate, knowing they are prepared to outwit adversaries.
A recognized leader in the industry, Secureworks has been exclusively focused on cybersecurity since 1999. Partnering with more than 330 security technologies, we enrich our clients- defenses with intelligence from the 250 billion events we see every day across our 4,400 clients in 55+ countries. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers- polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding the threat. Role Overview
We are looking for an engineering manager with a broad knowledge of software, network, and cloud technologies to provide a powerful combination of leadership, implementation, and operational support to drive business forward on a cutting edge technology stack. Your focus will be on leading DevOps, site-reliability, security, quality, and release engineering functions across a diverse set of tools from development through production, including the latest big data platforms and technologies (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Spark, Flink). You will work in a fast-paced, startup-like environment with an experienced, cross-functional team of software engineers, data scientists, security experts, and product managers to build our next generation security platform leveraging large scale data science and machine learning.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions, and fostering effective engineering practices and culture. Creating and operating reliable, scalable, and high performance distributed systems requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of computer science, and practical experience leveraging public cloud infrastructure, containers and container orchestration solutions, and big data technologies. This position also requires experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery as well as designing, developing, and reviewing security and technology architectures. The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services from scratch in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. Responsibilities
- Attract, excite, and retain a geographically distributed team of best-in-class developers and operators. Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management and coaching.
- Provide technical leadership in the testing, deployment, monitoring, and improvement of software applications as secure, scalable, performant, and fault-tolerant solutions across a multi-cloud architecture.
- Develop and foster a site-reliability culture in maintaining, debugging, and optimizing the interactions between complex applications and core infrastructure.
- Manage the automation of all aspects of the testing and release process to improve the velocity and quality of our engineering efforts.
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Influence the entire engineering team to improve the quality, scalability, and supportability of our production software.
- Drive positive change in terms of streamlining processes, improving efficiency, and implementing key performance metrics.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers on work estimation, planning, and deployment of new features, applications, and systems.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of proven experience leading software development or IT operations teams.
- 7+ years of relevant technical or operational experience with distributed systems.
- Familiarity with deploying infrastructure as code (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, Azure Resource Manager).
- Familiarity with container-based orchestration and deployment systems (e.g. Docker, rkt, Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon).
- Familiarity with profilers, benchmark testing, monitoring, and alerting services (e.g. DataDog, Statsd/Grafana, Prometheus, ELK, Prometheus).
- Familiarity with a variety of modern programming languages (e.g. Golang, Scala, Python) and scripting languages (e.g. Bash).
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment methodologies.
- Experience administering, troubleshooting, deploying, and configuring Linux.
- Experience with networks, routing, VPCs, WAFs, CDNs, and VPNs.
- Experience with SaaS, SLAs, and 24/7 uptime requirements.
- Keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize problems, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here .
- Prior experience managing geographically distributed operations teams in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience with big data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink).
- Experience with distributed NoSQL databases (e.g. Elasticsearch, Athena/Presto, Cassandra/HBase/Accumulo).
- Familiarity with data science techniques or machine learning.
- Familiarity with packet captures, network flows, log data, malware analysis, etc.
- Experience implementing -Chaos Engineering- in production environments.