As the Director of Technology for this leading, brand name apparel and manufacturing firm, you will lead a technology team, manage the technical aspects of the brand, and help shape the evolution of the technology department and company. You will set and execute the company’s engineering strategy while collaborating with company leadership and cross-functional team members on both strategic and development projects that propel our business forward.
This position requires exceptional experience in both hands-on development and technical architecture. It requires an ability to strategize around and execute on enterprise resource planning, from accounting and production planning through wholesale and direct-to-consumer selling. It also requires an ability to communicate complex topics clearly with stakeholders across the business.
- Responsible for all technology plans and investments and implementing the technology in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Work effectively across the IT organization to ensure brand strategies and enabling technology needs are well-understood and incorporated in our IT strategy.
- Ensure the strategic agenda is serviced by strong data and analytic services, including data science, analytics, and ongoing support.
- Support data analytics team in providing data access through feeds and APIs.
- Drive an agile mindset and delivery culture.
- Responsible for the IT budget and ensuring there is clear visibility to IT value delivered, commensurate to technology invested.
- Responsible for IT security and compliance for the brand, and ensure IT environment is appropriately hardened.
- Accountable for delivery of all IT solutions, overseeing business analysts, solution architects and project managers to implement technology solutions on time, and budget and achieve the intended business outcomes.
- Expertise in technology design/architecture and implementation.
- Competent in new technology evaluation, ability to support technical change management and provide thought leadership skills in integration technologies, tools and services.
- Ability to ensure that all technology choices are in context to enabling the business strategy and desired outcomes.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape.
- Excellent financial acumen and demonstrated ability to develop impactful business cases.
- Demonstrates outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, ability to influence and provide technology thought leadership to leadership team and act as a trusted advisor.
- High sense of urgency to influence changes and drive outcomes from conception to delivery.
- Effective in managing ambiguity, creating structure, and developing creative ideas to solution challenges while focusing on results and outcomes.
Qualifications & Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary for this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or similar field; MBA preferred
- 12+ years’ minimum experience; 10+ years’ experience with Masters
- Foundational knowledge of financial planning and analysis
- Deep understanding of manufacturing, production planning, assortment planning, distribution and retail.
- Proven experience with ERP management and unified commerce solutions. Oracle EBS, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, KWI Commerce preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience leading and managing both in-house and external teams.
- An excellent project manager and ability to handle many competing deadlines in short time period.
- Interest in luxury fashion a plus.