The ideal candidate will be able to drive change, be creative, and be a free thinker.
The Director of User Experience and Design will drive the design and usability strategy across multiple business lines. The position will work closely with individual lines of business teams (technology, Product, Marketing, Sales) to evaluate current digital assets and help establish digital customer experience road map going forward including web and mobile platforms.
This position will work across the company to establish minimal design standards including identification and distribution of common tools and practices for design, content management, and tracking and monitoring. The position will collaborate and influence distributed UX efforts embedded in each LOB and provide guidance and direction to ensure best practices are understood and followed.
The incumbent will be passionate about all things UX and other areas of digital design and innovation and be able to showcase knowledge of the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
This position is expected to have extensive knowledge of best in class interaction design approaches across a variety of platforms and channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate with Lines of business on establishing and monitoring digital product road maps for each business and at the corporate level
- Provide thought leadership and a unifying vision for the digital user experience across our client’s offerings
- Evaluate effectiveness of new and existing UX elements across a distributed environment driving and incorporating customer feedback and best practices.
- Champion a user-centred design process across the organization
- Define UX goals and strategies working closely with Lines of Business leadership, product management, Technology Delivery, quality assurance, marketing,
- Conduct competitive analysis of other websites that operate in areas of focus (Fuel, Health, Travel),
- Performa Customer Analysis based on client/customer demographics and LOB target segmentations.
- Develop and direct corporate Content Development strategies and tactics.
- Coordinate UI design teams on issues like navigation, product page design, content management, user interface design, and usability.
- Identify and Track usability goals, develop, maintain, and track an enterprise UX Scorecard and prepare reports for Management
- Develop and lead the User Design Council providing a governance structure for digital assets.
- Establish standards and practices for digital assets
- Look & feel
- Navigation and Usability
- Wireframe reviews
- Standard templates, formats
- Web, mobile develop, testing and monitoring tools
- Establish usability testing standards and approach
- Establish customer feedback mechanisms, usability targets and tracking
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Bachelors in Computer Design, Development or Engineering
- 10+ years Progressive UI/UX design in software, web, mobile environments
- 4+ years establishing and managing digital strategy at a corporate level
- Superior knowledge of Digital design principles and tools
- Understanding of B2B payment marketplace and SaaS engagement model
- Experience conducting usability audits, surveys, click stream tracking, prototyping and usability labs
- Experience with evaluating, partnering and/or managing UI/UX vendors
International digital experience (Europe, Asia Pacific, South America) a plus