BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.Job Description Job Summary:
Our Systems Business Continuity Planning / Disaster Recovery Analyst will provide project management in coordinating, assessing, developing and communicating recovery environment requirements and contingency plans associated with the business units to protect the enterprise in the event that facilities or technology resources are unavailable due to an unforeseen disruption. Manage the implementation and day to day functions related to the Disaster Recovery operations across the company. Responsibilities, Duties, and Accountabilities: Planning and Organization
Event Management / Leadership
- Project/Test Management
- Manage BCP test events while working along with both the Business and Information Technolog along with our third party vendors including following up on the coordination of test
- Assist with compiling documentation for all BCP related test events
- Responsible for keeping communication projects on time and meeting required deliverables for assigned projects
- Stay current on DR trends and providing recommendations for continuous improvement around our DR strategy.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date DR related system documentation in a continuously changing environment.
- Assist with BCP events from coordinating status calls, providing clear concise updates to the business leaders
- Participate in conversations to facilitate moving functions from one office to another working with the business leaders
- Monitor local news sites and actively participate in BCP Committees to stay on top of potential events
- Translate technology issues into layman terms in support of internal and external communications.
- Work closely with BCP Planners/Managers (typically MD/SVP/VP level) to understand and define their critical processes, provide guidance and direction on BCP needs and work through SLAs
- Conduct annual plan review of all business BCP plans, complete rating scorecard and manage plan review/approval process ensuring all planners and managers sign-off
- BA / BS degree required
- 5 + years of experience in the financial services industry preferred
- 5 + years of experience in a project management role
- Information Security experience highly desired
- Ability to translate and convey complex information to target audiences
- BCP planning and incident event management experience a plus
- Excellent strategic, analytical, conceptual thinking skills, with the ability to translate into business concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter / motivated / problem solver
- Highly organized, and collaborative
- Cross functional IT experience
- ITIL knowledge (not mandatory but a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills, with ability to interact with management, business and community leaders
- Ability to quickly analyze complex issues and make sound decisions
- Project management experience
© 2021 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB ).Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment practices.
Silicon Valley Bank is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK under No. FC029579. Silicon Valley Bank is authorised and regulated by the California Department of Business Oversight and the United States Federal Reserve Bank; authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority with number 577295; and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.