Distinguished Technologist of AI/Robotics Distinguished Technologist of AI/Robotics
for Edge Computing - for end-point applications and on-premise computing - has the possibility of vastly improving human life and driving business opportunities for HP. Our Team at HP Labs is spearheading the application of machine learning and developing new architecture innovations to existing and yet-to-be-created businesses within HP. At HP Labs, we conduct research to gain fundamental understanding of ML algorithms, systems architectures, and distributed intelligence to apply these to practical problems with widespread impact. Some of our research topics include: creation of intelligent physical agents (robotics), computer vision for affective computing and image analysis, NLP for hybrid human-machine decision making, ML based audio processing, the role of long term persistent memories in Machine Learning and architectures for distributed inferencing.
If you have deep technical skills, strong leadership capabilities, like to attack the hardest and most challenging problems, want to make a difference in the lives of others and work in a highly supportive team, then we invite you to apply to join our team.
In this highly leadership visible role, you will
- Create proposals for break-through technology advancement projects which can drive new TAM opportunities for HP
- Secure funding from within and outside, including federal funding such as DARPA or NIH for large scale strategic projects
- Execute large scale strategic projects to meet the demands of the business and funding agency
- Lead cutting-edge research in systems architecture and machine intelligence.
- Hands-on technical leadership of a project or work as an individual contributor to lay the technical foundation of future products and businesses for HP.
- Publish your results in leading research venues, file Intellectual property.
- Partner with the academic community to influence the direction of external research.
- Work in a cross-functional team environment to realize you research.
- Provide thought leadership to CTO and HP.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in launching and leading large-scale projects with attributes as above.
- PhD degree in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Computer Architecture, Computational Neuroscience or related technical field with a strong publication/practical implementation record or equivalent experience.
- Strong deep learning experience, with a strong knowledge of Neural Network architectures as applied in Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Machine Intelligence and/or Reinforcement Learning.
- Experience in systems, silicon, computer architecture.
- Experience in one or more modern deep learning frameworks (Pytorch, Tensorflow, etc).
- Publication at highly ranked ML and AI conferences and/or journal publications or equivalent.
- Strong programming expertise, with demonstrated hands-on experience in writing software
- Research focus on computer architecture, distributed intelligence, edge compute and machine learning.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Computational Neuroscience modeling experiences.
- Programming languages: C++, Python, Matlab
- CUDA, Embedded software
- Architecture simulators
- Experience with OpenCV, ROS, etc.