Long-term Distributed WMQ (primary role) for day-to-day support position working along side a number of other members of our team.
The ideal candidate would have great written and oral communication skills, several years of diverse experience with WMQ in a distributed (AIX and z/Linux) environment, be adaptive to taking on new roles and responsibilities, a creative thinker, and be a jump in and do what it takes team player.
- WebSphere MQ V7.1 Administration experience on distributed platforms (z/Linux and AIX)
- Working knowledge of MQ Clustering.
- Manage, configure and monitor MQ Listeners, Command Servers, Channel initiators, Trigger Monitors, MQ Log files & Dead Letter Queues
- Ability to setup security for WebSphere MQ queues and channels.
- Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures, and provides technical support.
- Work with application development staff to determine project requirements for test/production environments and assist them with problem determination.
- Experience with installation, design, and maintenance of WebSphere MQ V7.1 software.
- Knowledge of MQ structure and administration on z/OS
- Competency with MQ Explorer and BMC Middleware Management tools.
The position is 85% telecommute with very infrequent travel to the client location. All travel and living expenses are reimbursed by us.
Screening Requirements: Must be able to pass 7 year criminal backgroud check and drug screen.
Rate Details: Rate DOE but will generally fall within a range of $45-50 per hour on 1099 for standard and overtime hours.
General: We do not have a current resume for you - if you are interested, please send us a copy so that we can review and chat with you.
Please - if you are not interested in this position but have friends or peers who may be interested, please feel free to pass this opportunity along to them. We would very much appreciate it and would welcome your friends and peers to our team. Please use the "Share job with others" link on the Dice navigation link.