This position provides business, operational and administrative management in support of a Facilities Management geographic district. Develops and coordinates activities and projects related to the needs of the district in order to meet business objectives. Essential Functions of Position:
- Management of District office.
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of hard-copy and electronic data management.
- Compiling and analyzing information.
- Developing and generating management reports.
- Responding to and managing customer inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Negotiating and managing vendor and service contracts.
60% District Operations:
- Manages the FM District administrative office operations by directing and facilitating the day-to-day functions of the office to ensure smooth operation. §Participates as an active member of the FM wide District administrative team.
- Develops District administrative procedures through analysis and in collaboration with other District Administrative Managers to ensure consistency and efficient operations.
- Serves as the district liaison for vendors, employees and University departments by utilizing knowledge of organizational and operational policies and practices for facilities related needs.
- Triage and manage district requests, escalate to District Leader as appropriate and disperse majority to FM management.
- Compiles District data, reporting requirements, and processes, including monthly and annual departmental reports. Manages the collection and compilation of business data including metrics and budgetary details.
- Contributes in establishing departmental goals, objectives, systems and processes that help capture opportunities for increased service delivery and efficiencies by acting as a member of the District management team. Analyzes current business processes and makes recommendations to improve systems, methods and practices. Implements standard operating procedures for office administration; develops manuals to document established procedures, protocols and timelines.
- Manages District-wide space utilization and procurement. Approves and facilitates requests.
- Develops and manages processes to ensure needs for administrative support services for 2nd and 3rd shifts supervisors and managers are delivered.
- Manages District-wide calendar and plans/organizes District meetings and events.
- Provides District orientation information and resources to assist in on-boarding of new staff.
- Manages district wide requirements for employee handbooks signatures and critical employee notifications. Works with FM supervisory staff.
15% Financial Duties:
- Manages District administrative budget through data collection, expense reconciliation, review and monitoring.
- Establishes annual purchase orders and authorizes billings for office equipment, chiller operations, fire extinguisher contracts and other District services.
- Works directly with vendors to reconcile billing and negotiates adjustments as necessary.
- Serves as District purchasing card coordinator; facilitates and manage payment reports for District cardholders.
- Responds to inquiries regarding billing, invoicing, purchasing, and cost allocations.
25% Operational Duties:
- Manages District vehicle fleet including contract administration, cost allocation, maintenance, and required driver's training; coordinates with Fleet Services to address contractual or service questions/issues.
- Oversees contracts with Parking Services and tracks usage of Official Vehicle, Loading Dock, Vendor/Visitor and other authorized parking access hangtags.
- Establishes and explains policies and procedures related to processing work orders, requesting work to be completed, obtaining building permits, and initiating projects.
- Utilizes computer software including Microsoft Office suite (Word & Excel) and management reporting systems (i.e. Kronos) to maintain data and generate reports.
- Addresses customer inquiries regarding facilities and operations, work orders and projects.
- Serves as contributing member to special projects and team initiatives.
- Manages key access for district personnel
This job may be designated as essential.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.