Description Job Description:
The Leidos DoD CIO Mission Support Services (CMSS) Task Order has an opening for a senior Cloud Architect to provide Cloud Architecture support to the DoD Deputy CIO (DCIO) Information Enterprise (IE). The individual in this position will provide Cloud Architecture development, design, and analytical services to advance and achieve the DoD Cloud goals and objectives. The primary work location for this position is the Mark Center in Alexandria, VA.Primary Responsibilities:
- Analyze Cloud architecture and design needs and requirements for the DoD DCIO IE.
- Develop, coordinate and manage Cloud architectures and design documents with a focus on Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions.
- Conduct technical analysis of various cloud service solutions and recommend changes as needed.
- Actively participate in relevant Cloud Architecture-related Governance, Working Groups, and other forums to ensure DoD DCIO IE equities are properly considered and applied.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Deep knowledge of and experience with DoD Cloud environment, policies, goals and objectives, and architecture development.
- Knowledge of and experience with Cloud related IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions.
- Knowledge of and experience with vendor cloud technologies and solutions, such as Edge Computing, for the tactical edge.
- Knowledge of and experience with existing and emerging DoD networks and Cybersecurity architectures.
- Ability to analyze existing IT architecture and design new innovative and secure architectures leveraging cloud environments.
- Ability to develop and deliver clear, concise written artifacts related to cloud enterprise IT architecture and design.
- Ability to translate operational requirements into technical designs
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Requires Bachelors degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience, additional years of applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- U.S. Citizenship with DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- DoD experience with, knowledge of, and/or familiarity with the mission, scope and organizations within DoD and operating within the federal agency environment at the Component or OSD level.
- Cloud Solution Architect Certifications (e.g., Azure Solution Architect MCE, AWS Solution Architect Professional.