Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) will provide USCIS with Agile development and maintenance capability to sustain their IT systems. JETS will supply Agile development teams to participate in IT maintenance efforts, to include activities necessary for sustaining previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The Contractor will be part of an ecosystem participating with federal employees and other contractors in a team-based scaled Agile approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The Documentation Specialist (DS) is the technical writer between the customer, business analysts and application developers to enable the team to design, develop, enhance and implement software solutions for the JETS program. The DS works on an agile team to research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. The DS is responsible for contributing to an agile process through story development and responses to ad-hoc customer priorities. The DS participates in the development of software user manuals and technical reports and applies agile practices, including portfolio planning, retrospectives and backlog grooming. Responsibilities:
- Gathers, analyzes, translates and composes technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel.
- Composes technical documents including, user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
- Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology.
- Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, researching technical specifications
- Translates complex data into user-friendly documents, such as user stories, CONOPs, or analysis documents to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
- Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts.
- Selects or recommends use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits, illustrations, charts, or storyboards to amplify or clarify publications objectives Manages quality control of documentation.
- Develops cataloging systems, and maintains records, files, electronic media and archiving of information for publications.
- Assists in technical or business presentations to the business or customer.
- Provides agile best practices, including story grooming, RPR reviews, and retrospectives
- Updates Sharepoint site with technical documentation and presentations, creates new libraries or pages as needed