Description Job Description:
Leidos Health Solutions Group has an opportunity for a Document Management Technical Lead supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) Paper Mail Conversion and Management Services task order. Leidos provides a managed service to VA for Paper Mail Conversion and Management Services to include the receipt, control, and conversion of paper mail source materials (mail packets) to standardized, indexed, and searchable PDF (PDF Image plus Text). Leidos performs data extraction on a subset of the source material prior to uploading mail packets to a mail portal, or transmits mail packets to a VBA Mail Automation Service. This position will be on site in Lakeland, FL.JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE
The Document Management Technical Lead serves as the primary on-site support representative for the Leidos team, accountable for executing, monitoring and controlling the production operations for the Paper Mail Conversion and Management Services program. The position is located at a facility in Lakeland, Florida
that receives, handles, scans, indexes, extracts data, and dispositions Veterans Claims mail and documentation and a highly controlled environment. The Document Management Technical Lead provides face-to-face communication and coordination with VA government and subcontractor staff to best meet requirements and service levels of the contract and achieve performance goals; the Document Management Technical Lead further coordinates with other stakeholders in the Paper Mail Conversion implementation. The Document Management Technical Lead supports the Program Manager, Chief Engineer, and other Leidos staff members in all aspects of project execution. The Document Management Technical Lead demonstrates the skills and ability to analyze and develop innovative solutions to complex problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation. The Document Management Technical Lead also serves as the subcontractor program manager for technical oversight of the subcontractor performing on the program; provides technical and programmatic oversight and management of the subcontractor; assesses the subcontractor's performance; and identifies, escalates and resolves subcontractor performance issues. The Document Management Technical Lead focuses on ensuring that subcontractors meet the program cost, schedule, quality, and performance requirements, and works directly with the subcontractors to achieve excellence in program execution and ensure that subcontractors: meet or exceed customer expectations; comply with the negotiated terms and conditions of the contract; satisfy the program's technical requirements; meet all quality requirements; meet all program-related financial objectives; meet the agreed-upon schedule; meet/exceed Leidos standards for ethics and integrity.Primary Responsibilities
- On-site Technical Lead for a large-scale production facility supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Paper Mail Conversion and Management Services program, including the monitoring of subcontractors in the physical handling and digitization of Veteran material.
- Accountable for production operations for a multi-million dollar annual contract consisting of over 500 employees, subcontractors and vendors for the receipt and digitization of approximately 30 million Veteran benefit claims images on a monthly basis. Serve as the primary point of contact for multiple VA customer stakeholders, using organization skills and customer communications to manage competing priorities.
- Coordinate activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and government and subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion on schedule, within budget constraints, with the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Manage operations, risks, and reporting, including reviewing and approving monthly sub-contractor invoices, subcontractor labor reports, monthly program reports, and presenting monthly program review briefings to senior Leidos Health leadership and VBA leadership.
- Coordinate directly with Contracts, Subcontracts, Human Resources, Technology and Architecture to ensure cohesive communication and successive implementation of project objectives.
- Develop positive relationships with customer, subcontractors, employees and other project stakeholders through consistent communications and building of trust.
- Continuously improve functional materials workflows, functional area standard operating procedures, and flow charts designed to formalize and optimize chain of custody and data integrity protocols from receipt through shipping
- Identify functional and technical requirements and facilitate deep dive sessions to better identify system requirements for continuous improvement.
- Lead design and development efforts to continuously improve technical solutions to meet new requirements and emerging priorities for the VBA customer.
- Bachelor's degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Master's Degree with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience is required.
- Experience in industrial automation, health insurance processing, business process outsourcing, transaction processing, and/or document management strategies and technologies for document handling, document imaging, data capture, data indexing, and data extraction.
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry best practices, advanced techniques and solutions dealing with document management policy and procedures.
- Ability to leverage deep understanding of risk management processes sufficient to direct complex processes and develop robust risk mitigation plans.
- Ability to leverage deep understanding of communication needs across various stakeholders to manage communication messaging and distribution via various channels; excellent client-facing communication skills.
- Ability to apply advanced stakeholder management skills to improve the understanding, cooperation, and effectiveness of diverse stakeholders
- Experience managing technology or service management groups such as: data entry operations, data processing operations, machine operations, IT operations, quality control and assurance, and supervisory staff.
- Strong skills in creating projects schedules that capture all actions to be performed to deliver complex project deliverables successfully.
- Experience managing and/or creating process documentation and improvement plans.
- Experience developing and reporting metrics relative to operational performance, experience with monitoring, meeting and exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Experience managing projects or processes that handle PHI/PII, including implementation of applicable regulations (e.g., HIPAA).
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project), QA applications and databases.
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work after hours, and weekends, as needed
External Referral Bonus:
- ISO 9001 trained and/or Lean Six Sigma training
- Experience with the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) and the Veterans Claims Intake Process (VCIP)
- Experience with VA, DoD, or other Federal business processes; business process automation and business process integration efforts
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.