Leidos is looking for a Document Management Technician to work on-sight in support of the Civil Rights Division.
Performs the following tasks while complying with established procedures for: filing, retrieving, and copying case file materials; creating witness binders; preparing deposition and trial exhibits; entering data on-line to case files and other databases; proofreading, editing, correcting OCR'd text files; retrieving and blowing back documents; tabbing, numbering, labeling, assembling documents; filling out log sheets and reporting on task progress; and performing quality control on work. Performs simple database searches.
- Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
- Must be able to read and follow instructions.
- Must be able to understand task, task objectives, and the context of the task in the litigation support effort as a whole.
- Must take the initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly (e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective).
- Must have typing/keyboarding skills and good communication skills.
- Must be knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Litigation support experience valued.
- Must be a US Citizen, Must be able to obtain a Public Trust.