Supports the maintenance, design, construction and implementation of Web and backend Applications and/or upgrade projects with technical knowledge primarily in SAP NetWeaver (ABAP, Gateway and UI5) but may also involve SAP Process Integration (PI), Portal, SQL Server, and HANA. The primary focus is on supporting applications following a prioritization defined by the business. In addition, participates often in gathering functional or technical requirements and generates specification documents for SAP application usage or business processes. Has significant influence on business process design or application architecture. In addition, the person in this position will have the opportunity to learn and grow by working closely with the Functional Teams, as well as other I/S teams, on major developments and support issues.
The SAP Specialist should have understanding on integration across the SAP systems ECC/ERP Suite of applications, and have experience in project development and/or support using Netweaver ABAP and UI5.
- Analyzes, defines, implements, and supports computer programs/systems which solve business problems and improve planning, control, or operating results and objectives.
- Designs and constructs highly complex programs and interfaces between SAP and non-SAP systems
- Provides technical expertise, problem analysis, and systems development services for the design of new or modified applications.
- Develops new system functionality to achieve continuous system improvements, to enable new or existing business requirements.
- Provides continuous inputs in maintaining software development processes and standards.
- Occasionally leads simple projects or tasks.
- Works independently and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills to interact with internal and external contacts as well as all levels of management required.
- Ability to deliver enhanced functionality, aid with new implementations, and provide continuous support within the scheduled time while preserving system integrity required.
- Ability to sustain maximum performance levels in a high stress, high expectation, and high demand position required.
- High degree of initiative, creativity, and technical ability to function on the team required.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the following area(s):
- Technical or functional experience utilizing SAP required.
- Technical experience must include 2 years in SAP Netweaver ABAP, SAPUI5, Fiori, SAP NW gateway, and OData required.
- Detailed understanding on integration across the SAP systems ECC/ERP Suite of applications, and have experience in project development and/or support using Netweaver ABAP and UI5 required.
- 5 years of development experience preferred, using ABAP and SAP UI5 preferred.
- Experience with Responsive Web design and related mobile technologies preferred.
- Experience in web services integration via SOAP, REST, XML, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, XQuery, WSDL, JSON, OData, etc. preferred.
- Experience in SAP HANA, ABAP Web Dynpro/FPM, SAP Workflow, Adobe Forms preferred.