New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody-s Aaa; Standard & Poor-s AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company-s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Domain Architect will be part of a high caliber Marketing Technology team responsible for the overall strategic technology direction and execution of multiple, complex, concurrent roadmap projects. This role will define and maintain current state and target state definitions, and inventories of business models, applications, data, services, and technology in order to digitally modernize NYL’s marketing technology ecosystem. This role will partner with business partners, delivery teams, and external strategic partners to successfully deliver technology solutions which achieve business needs.
The position will provide pre-defined standards and patterns, reference architecture based on NYL business process models and industry models, and ensures that architectures are implemented in support of the Marketing business and IT strategies.
We are looking for a highly organized individual with demonstrated marketing technology experience solving complex technology problems, demonstrating strong attention to detail, and driving the definition and implementation of architectures which span across multiple teams. The individual must be skilled in communicating across work streams and project teams, across functional teams, with business leaders, and up to senior leaders.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Maintains consistency of architectures and the principles applied across a business, application or technology domain
- Governs the application of architectures and principles applied to ensure consistency of technology to meet business requirements
- Designs, develops, and communicates models, processes, tools, standards and methodologies used in various architecture domains
- Assesses new technologies and articulates the transition from current to future state in consideration of the future needs of the business and security policies and requirements, striking an optimal balance between standardization, customization, innovation, costs, and risk management
- Provides guidance/input to Solution Architects and project teams to ensure technology solutions being delivered are consistent with domain technical guidelines
- Assists in development of business cases which include relevant technology implications
- Engages with IT Business Relationship Manager and Strategic Planning teams, and (as necessary) directly with business to understand technology needs and requirements and incorporates these into construction of roadmap
- Within a specific business or technical domain, creates architecture roadmap for all technology and applications
- Explains key business benefits and implications of technology decisions and outcomes
- Performs competitive analysis of specific products and technologies and provides input for product/technology selection for projects
- Reviews and validates target metrics for projects from a technology perspective like tools usage, reusable frameworks and feasibility in order to achieve the quality target
- Reviews, identifies and prioritizes technology risks in order to develop a risk mitigation plan at LOB level
- Identifies new opportunities for innovation by conducting market research in order to provide critical inputs to develop a business plans
Decision Making Authority and Problem Solving or Innovation Required
- Experience implementing content management and/or digital marketing platforms, Adobe Marketing Cloud and Adobe Analytics Cloud a plus
- Experience designing and implementing a data strategy to govern the marketing technology ecosystem
- Demonstrates authoritative knowledge in the IT architecture and its implications for the business
- Possesses expert depth and breadth of knowledge regarding multiple technologies and their inter-relationships
- Possesses the broad expertise to integrate the technical vision for IT, integrating across technologies, systems, organizations, and scientific disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead networks of business and technology leaders to collect knowledge of the practices of similar organizations and their strategies
- Recognized as an authority in IT within the industry
- In-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other related disciplines
- Ability to anticipate business and/or regulatory issues and identify requirements for product, process or service improvements
- Broad and comprehensive expertise in leading-edge theories techniques, and/or products within own field
- Capable of influencing business and/or regulatory issues that have an impact on the business
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple simultaneous projects and deliverables
Experience & Education:
- Recognized as an expert within the company
- Has a leadership role in strategic architecture planning for the organization
- Anticipates internal and external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements
- Solves unique and complex problems; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Adapts function/business strategy plans and policies to address service and/or operational challenges
- Plays a key role in projects, processes or vendor management with notable complexity; develops the strategy for execution
- Solves unique and complex problems; requires conceptual and innovative thinking and education and/or equivalent experience to develop solutions
- Responsible for the delivery of end results focused on operational excellence
- Makes decisions guided by function/business plans and policies that impacts the operations of a sub-function or work area within a sub-function
- Communicates complex ideas; persuades and negotiates with others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; equivalent work experience accepted
- Advanced degree preferred; equivalent work experience accepted
- 12-15+ years of relevant experience
- Experience and familiarity with digital marketing platforms required
- Experience and familiarity with Insurance and Financial Services business systems a plus
- EOE M/F/D/V
- If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Wed, 12 09 2018 00:00:00 GMT Department: