About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. Retail Business Services operates across seven campuses in the Greater Charlotte, Harrisburg, D.C., Portland, Boston and Chicago Areas. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com. To stay updated with the latest news, follow Retail Business Services on LinkedIn (@Retail-Business-Services) and Twitter (@RBServicesNews).
Position Title: Domain Architect - Master Data Management
Position Location: Quincy, MA or Salisbury, NC or Scarborough, ME or Greenville, SC
We are looking for a bright, experienced and energetic Master Data Management (MDM) Architect with a proven track record in the area of Products, Customers, Business Partners (Vendors) and Locations. The candidate should have the knowledge of enterprise master data strategies and best practices.
What We Offer:
• Collaborative teams in an inclusive environment
• Flexible work arrangements
• Generous vacation and holidays
• Competitive benefits including a 401(k) match, HSA options and education assistance
• A strong belief in internal promotion and career growth
• Volunteer opportunities with RBS Cares
In IT @ RBS we develop technology so customers can Eat well, Save time, and Live Better in a supportive environment where leaders know their team's strengths and passions while elevating their associates through collaboration and engaging team environments.
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent job experience
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in End User Technology and/or Desktop Computing preferably in a senior level role
• Adaptable communication skills and demonstrated experience interacting with all levels of an organization across verbal, prose and visual engagement
• Ability to manage own work time and priorities under aggressive timelines and budgets
• Fluent in English (in word and in writing)
• 4-8 years technical experience in Enterprise Architecture esp. in Master Data
• Demonstrated ability to translate conceptual and strategic thinking into practical solutions
• Knowledgeable on and experienced with TOGAF or similar Enterprise Architecture framework
• Experience designing and developing data, integration and analytics capabilities and solutions in a complex distributed environment; retail preferred.
• Experience supporting and managing an expanding data and API catalog with the goal of moving towards self-service enablement.
• Deep knowledge of modern API and near-real-time messaging systems such as MuleSoft and Kafka
• Must have a technical background and be able to lead data integration, data modeling, MDM workflow, etc. through a firsthand understanding
• Experience with master data domains such as Products, Customers, Business Partners (Vendors), and Locations
• Manage the demand for data by providing a vision for integrating (pattern approach) into the retail landscape
A Day in the Life:
• Establish strategic IT reference architecture, roadmap and patterns across the domains of integration, data and analytics
• Develop consistent standards, principles, policies and reference models to be implemented by solution architects
• Design commercially viable solutions and transition plans for a highly flexible, scalable and robust IT retail landscape. Support progress towards strategic goals while balancing local brands' needs and driving sales and productivity
• Review and recommend technology and vendors in support of strategic business goals
• Identify and exploit synergies and reuse; eliminate duplication across all regions and programs
• Role model and champion modern ways-of-working such as Agile, DevOps and related practices; actively participate in an architecture community which is a beacon of excellence within Ahold Delhaize
• Maintain a high level of individual contribution, professional growth, and ability to function effectively and independently, and challenge others to do the same
• Participate in and continuously improve architecture and domain governance processes
What you Bring:
• Maintain knowledge on latest industry news and challenges for integration, data, BI and analytics, especially as it pertains to retail, modern APIs and Azure technologies
• Research new technologies and participate in industry communities and customer research activities to better understand innovative ways to use technologies to help the business
• Challenge the status quo and drive changes to improve business performance and productivity
• Collaborate with team members and members of other teams on how technology can be used to match or outpace competitor performance
More about Retail Business Services (RBS):
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to six East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, Giant Food, GIANT/MARTIN'S, Hannaford and Stop & Shop, as well as the country's largest online grocery retailer, Peapod. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com.