Role: UI/UX developer
Location: Rockville, MD
Duration: 12 months plus
We are seeking a talented UI/UX developer to design and implement a tool of record enterprise application.
- Collaborate with development teams to gather requirements, design, create, update and maintain internal and external web applications
- Propose, design, maintain and enforce the consistent look-and- feel of site design, standards, and layout across multiple projects.
- Ability to define and create engaging UI for Mobile and Web interfaces
- Must have detailed knowledge of responsive design implementation (Cross-browser and Cross-platform)
- Create web pages and web documents that are Section 508 compliant and optimized with accessibility in mind from start to finish (HTML, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF).
- Follow best practices for ensuring code is clean, organized, understandable hierarchy, logical reading order, and has formatting and markup for assistive technologies.
- Perform testing on web pages and documents for Section 508/accessibility compliance and cross-browser testing.
- Collaborate with team members in discussions and critiques on multiple web applications at different stages of development lifecycle
- Respond to and help to resolve develop and staging issues as needed.
- Support other web-related projects as they arise.
- Willing to work with old and new technologies and standards, and recommend new technologies and trends for staying update to date.
- Must have experience working on fixing security vulnerabilities like Cross-browser Testing, Cross-Platform Testing and reliable unit and end-to-end testing to UI frameworks
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and possess excellent debugging skills with UI related issues and opportunities for UX optimization
- Bachelor degree in Web Design, IT, Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 2 years of experience in developing and maintaining website content, graphics and usability.
- 1-3 years of design/UI/UX experience
- Meticulous attention to detail, ability to be innovative with strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and organized in development and documentation
- Ability to thrive in a team-based environment
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- Experience with project management tools (ex. Team Forge, JIRA)
- Knowledge of JIRA and version control systems, such as Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Experience with Content Management Systems (ex. Drupal, SharePoint, etc.)
- Experience assistive technologies; i.e. JAWS
- Familiar with Spring MVC for JAVA and ASP.NET MVC for .NET
- Familiarity with CMMI Level 3