Role: Drupal Architect
Location: Washington, D.C 20515
Duration: Direct Hire OR 10+ Months Contract
The contractor personnel will be required to work 40 hours per week. The normal work hours are 9 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with a half hour for lunch.
Client is seeking a Mid-Level Drupal Architect contractor for Web Services to help maintain and develop applications on Drupal 7 and 8/9. The ideal candidate must have 6-8 years of Drupal Development experience. The candidate should have experience working with tools required for an Enterprise Drupal solution such as Drush, Jenkins, Redis, Docker, DrupalVM, Vagrant, Ansible, Kubernetes, Memcache, and Varnish.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with Web Systems colleagues on assigned projects and activities.
- Maintain professional relationships with customers, management, colleagues and deliver high-quality customer service.
- Technology and solution leadership of complex Drupal based system including system and data migration;
- Re-architect Drupal Solutions to adopt microservices architecture
- Develop processes and perform activities related to migration from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8/9;
- Exposure to the Drupal 9 codebase would be desirable.
- Create custom modules leveraging Drupal hooks and plugins;
- Install, test and deploy patches to the core CMS and modules;
- Research, develop, test, and implement product backlog items (user stories and defects), including analysis and reporting, on the prioritized project backlog within schedule, ensure thirdparty libraries are downloaded and maintained;
- Support the deployment process, including review of logs for errors after code deployment to all environments;
- Collaborate with project managers and other team members to design and estimate timeline for custom Drupal-based solutions.
- Ensure new features developed are compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and Section 508.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related Field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Drupal 7 and 2 years of experience in Drupal 8
- Minimum 5 years of experience with PHP
- Experience working with Multisite Drupal setup
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with Virtualization and Docker
- Experience with automation and configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Proficiency in Linux administration
- Extensive experience building custom Drupal modules from specification
- Knowledge and experience with Agile and Test-Driven development methodologies
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong HTML/CSS/JS skills
- Working knowledge of Git
- Expert Level SQL Knowledge
- Knowledge of Drush version 7 – 10, Apache 2.4.x with lean configuration files using Macros with FIPS compliance, Apache, including Rewrite Map, CICM automation, Jenkins, GIT and SOLR