VariQ is seeking a Drupal Developer SME to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Under limited supervision, work closely with end users, technical leads, counterparts on other applications, project managers and Drupal developers to design and architect Drupal applications. The architect is expected to design and architect large scale Drupal application, communicate effectively, and work efficiently with multiple teams and systems. This position requires a key individual who understands business functions, requirements and translates those to a working application, integrating and customizing where necessary. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience to build large-scale websites and publishing platforms that allow non-technical users to create content, review metrics and accelerate the time to market. Additional Information:
- Available: Upon award, June 2021
- Location: Rockville, MD
- Security Clearance: Ability to attain Public Trust required
- Understand and analyze business/technical requirements, architect innovative, scalable and efficient solutions.
- Design applications and platforms late leverage Drupal's core functionality and implement custom solutions when it's really needed.
- Provides secure system design, reviews the existing design, identifies and remediates any gaps and deficiency (e.g. patch, upgrade, custom code, etc.), recommends improvements to the system based on technological advancement.
- Participate in daily huddles, travel occasionally and work with other distributed teams.
- Provide documentation, lead code reviews, and attend planning sessions.
- Assist in the creation of estimates, provide recommendations on solutions and help prioritize features.
- Design a secure architecture
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 15+ years of global experience including providing technical support for Federal public websites of similar size and complexity as USPTO.gov62
- 5+ years' experience leading and managing support for large federal websites (with 10 Million page views a month).
- 5+ years' experience building/architecting Drupal sites on various levels, from site building to developer
- Advanced experience with Drupal architecture, best practices and coding standards
- Specialized experience shall include expertise in Drupal architecture, caching (Akamai, Varnish, MemCached), search technologies, solution design, error handling and logging, debugging, code re-usage, planning for new versions of third party Drupal modules.
- Experience creating architecture diagrams
- Experience with Selenium or similar automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge and experience with Agile and Test-Driven development methodologies
- Good written and verbal communication, including with non-technical people
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies on the fly, as they become needed
- Certified Scrum Master
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.