Great opportunity to play a critical role on impactful work related to Coronavirus! Sparks Group is seeking an AWS DevOps Engineer to work with the client team as a trusted advisor, leading technical discussions, design, and implementation of cloud-based tools to accelerate date driven discovery and assist in telling a story with that data. Currently, this position is 100% remote due to the pandemic. If you are interested in learning more about Sparks Group and the opportunity, please submit your resume today. Responsibilities
- Design cloud-based solutions and strategies that align with the clients' business objectives, including selection and review of technology frameworks/architecture focusing on stability, longevity, security, and simplicity. This primarily consists of technology stacks for web-based marketing initiatives but may also include data entry and survey components.
- Work with consultants, technologists, scientists, analysts, and engineers to d
- Architect reusable solutions that automate processes, monitor app and server performance, comply with NIST standards, simplify the ATO process and are not cost-prohibitive.
- Provide detailed documentation that clearly articulates how any given DevOps approach facilitates industry practices and complies with NIST/ATO requirements.
- Review infrastructure and process to improve, standardize, and drive business value while decreasing the effort to get there, sharing strategic technical direction with the rest of the organization.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in software development, systems administration, engineering infrastructure as code, and architecture responsibility, with at least 3 of those years working in a senior technical position.
- 3+ years of experience in data center architecture and cloud IaaS environments.
- Extensive knowledge of the software development landscape and experience changing the software development lifecycle; AWS Certified preferred.
- Experience architecting within a restricted security framework like HIPAA/NIST/PCI and an understanding of related security controls.
- Familiarity with architecting AWS solutions Amazon Linux 2 and Windows operating systems Windows, as well as deploying hardened AMIs to meet various levels of security compliance.
- Broad experience with various tools such as Jenkins, Git, Docker and configuration management tools Ansible and Terraforms.
- Expert on CI/CD automation and enhancement in the web development process and integrating AWS Developer Tools, especially CodeCommit, CodeBuild, and CodePipeline.
- Proficient in 1 or more scripting languages including Shell, PHP and/or Python.
- Familiar with CMS web development and functionality.
- Comprehensive understanding of creating rulesets and monitoring traffic with WAF.
- Experience with native AWS logging, monitoring, and analysis tools like CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Athena.
- Ability to automate S3 bucket lifecycles for log retention per ATO requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of networking and core Internet protocols and secure remote access patterns.
- Experience with containerization and AWS Container as a service-offerings desired.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group
for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.