VariQ is seeking a Drupal Developer to guide the development effort for our customer's Content Management System. In this role the candidate will lead the planning, development and implementing of custom applications, providing application support; managing projects. The person in this role works across a variety of platforms, frameworks and front-end technologies. The person will develop applications, websites, resolves code errors and researches new technologies and solutions.Additional Information:
- Available: Upon award, June 2021
- Location: Rockville, MD
- Security Clearance: Ability to attain Public Trust required
- Develop and maintain custom PHP applications/modules on Drupal 8+
- Improve existing frameworks and modules to support additional functionality.
- Works closely with business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- Aligns business and IT strategies and complies with architectural standards.
- Ability to lead software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, configuring, programming, documentation, and unit testing for Drupal
- Add new taxonomies, as needed, by the business requirements
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code, tools and products or reuse of existing systems.
- Support senior management in the development, communication, and execution of the program's strategy
- Participates in systems analysis and design using development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
- Works with internal teams and vendors on defining deliverables, tools and methodologies for projects.
- Independently designs technical solutions for modules of a project, or to resolve most problems.
- Selects appropriate work procedures or approaches to address technical challenges.
- Engage in regular and sustained client interaction, encompassing both formal presentations and informal, routine communication
- Develop documentation and briefings
- Perform tasks on time and with high level of diligence
- 2+ years of experience with Drupal; working knowledge with Drupal 8
- Ability to write custom Drupal modules and themes
- Experience developing Custom Drupal modules
- Firm understanding of Drupal API
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks: jQuery, Sass
- Knowledge of the Drupal "Features" module
- Knowledge of PHP framework for testing purposes
- Ability to follow Drupal coding standards
- Experience contributing patches and/or modules on drupal.org
- Experience performing code reviews
- Experience using PHP unit for Unit testing
- Experience / understanding of JSON and AJAX
- Front End Skills for developing a Drupal theme
- Working knowledge of relational databases
Jenkins, Subversion, Rally, D3, Roller Blog, Dreamweaver, Remedy, MS
Exchange XML, Angular JS, nodeJS, Gulp, PERL; Web Services, Microsoft SQL Database, Oracle; Microsoft Office, Tableau.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.