The Claims Business Analyst should be a Functional Expert in Insurance Claims with Duck Creek expertise who carries significant experience in both Transformation and New implementation with defined business Value results. This consultant should be proficient in P&C Insurance space with his/her specialization in Duck Creek Claims and understands the Insurance landscape and organizational needs. The person supports and collaborates with Sales, Engagement, Enterprise Business and Delivery to ensure functional solution being proposed which aligns with client’s vision, strategy and expectations in Claims Solution offering by Carrier.
- Use deep Duck Creek Claims knowledge, business operations consulting experience in delivering flexible, innovative business models for clients.
- Understand client’s requirements on Claims and its business liabilities.
- Determine the gaps between requirements and product functionalities and define workable solutions to bridge the gaps with focus on OOB Offerings
- Collaborate with Architect to design optimal solutions with defined Business Process Changes
- Identify configuration/customization needed in Duck Creek Claims product according to client’s business needs and operations.
- Provide guidance for the execution, backlog prioritization and delivery of business functions
- Ensures Requirements Management is done as pert the delivery model (Agile / Iterative/ Kanban etc.) of the engagement
- Perform requirements walkthroughs and functionality demos
- Engage at the pre-sales stage to ensure business drivers are understood and solutions proposed are targeted to meet business value/ KPI’s
- Collaborate with clients and package solutions delivery team to identify and integrate client’s organizational vision into business capability roadmaps to help clients manage change, prepare for growth, embrace digital agenda and maximize long-term operational efficiency.
- Support client’s organizational transformation goals by understanding the operational current state, future state and business values; helping to define and drive business solutions to meet the transformation goals
- Analyze and provide input on the methodologies and frameworks to be used during the requirement and execution of projects
- Minimum 10+ years in the P&C insurance industry as a consultant with excellent knowledge of Claims Systems in Personal/ Commercial/ Specialty lines of business.
- 8+ years in Software Development/Transformation Projects involving Duck Creek or Industry standard packages
- 5+ years in Duck Creek Claims Configuration, Customization, Integrating Duck Creek Claims with 3rd party application.
- Proficient in analysis techniques required for COTS implementation – Gap analysis, Business Process Engineering etc.
- Proficient in FNOL, Desktop, Financials, Automated Assignments, Librarian, Task Creation etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with Customer Business Analyst, External Partners and Mindtree Team to create the synergy, bridge the gap of requirement understanding flow from Customer Business SME to DEV and QA
- Be responsible for producing business requirement artifacts – including Use Cases, Business Rules, User Stories, Non-Functional Specifications, and collaborate with User Experience Group for User Interface Design Specifications – for the large and complex projects
- Have in-depth functional knowledge of Insurance Claims to marry technical aspects to business system requirements and ability to drive UAT
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships with Customer Business Group
- Solid conflict management and decision-making skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Experience with digital technologies, BPM tools and basic understanding of Duck Creek technical architecture
- Great of have knowledge of Industry Need and Latest Solution Offering in Claims through Digital Solutions
- Experience delivering in agile methodology
- Experience in the US and Australia Insurance market a big plus
- Must be willing to travel based on organizational / project requirement