Asurion s Dynamics AX product team (DAX), is looking for a skilled Software Engineer who possesses direct development experience in the implementation, customization, or support of Microsoft Dynamics AX. This role will directly support Finance operations. This will be an onsite position in Nashville, TN.
At Asurion, we don t just redefine we reinvent. We began by establishing a culture that rewards results and isn t confined by a hierarchy. As a result, we have achieved phenomenal growth. Today, this entrepreneurial spirit is as strong as ever. It s in our DNA. We foster a culture where our team members are encouraged daily to make a difference for our clients, customers, and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that each of our 17,000+ team members has the opportunity to reach their full potential, while at the same time fulfilling the needs of more than 300 million consumers.
Your Day to Day activities
- Creating high level conceptual designs and driving those to completion with other developers
- Breaking down functional requirements into technical designs, development tasks, and executing to completion.
- Hands on developing (X++), debugging, unit testing written codebase.
- Participating in design meetings and interacting with peer developers to work towards a common solution.
- Mentoring other team members and working to a high quality level throughout the global team
- Presenting to peers, team, or IT community on technologies, ideas, or other projects.
- Maintain high availability for application and client support.
- Will author and maintain physical design documents.
- Developer will participate in peer code reviews.
- Sponsoring and designing tickets for offshore or junior developers
What You ll Bring to the Team
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Computer Sciences or related field
- 3 or more years of experience as a technical developer
- Proficient understanding of SDLC processes and/or Scrum
- Must maintain a HIGH level of ownership and see assignments through to completion based on agreed upon deadlines
- Must be prepared to learn new business processes or application nuances very quickly
- Escalates issues to the Manager and/or Sr. Manager in a timely and appropriate manner
- Organizes own workload and works closely with the Manager to ensure developer workload is clearly defined and coordinated to meet deliverable timelines
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts Previous Experience with MS Dynamics AX is a MUST
- Experience with MS SQL Server database (2005 or higher), and other Microsoft tools (SSRS, SSAS, TFS, Visual Studio)
- Advanced experience and demonstrated knowledge of Jira, Confluence, and Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of current principles, practices, and techniques of systems analysis
- Knowledge of technical developments and trends in application analysis, design, and development and technical and business writing
- Ability to diagnose application problems quickly and develop effective solutions for them
TEC01744 | Nashville | Tennessee | US | 2018/10/08