St. Louis, MO Description:
Our client is currently seeking an OBIEE
/ E-Business Applications DBA III
for their location in St. Louis, MO
For questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Dustin LaGrand (email@example.com).E-Business Applications DBA III Mission:
To Support Oracle and E-Business implementations. This position will focus on administration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and performance of our Oracle E-Business Suite and RAC implemented Oracle Database Environment.
This position will be based from our downtown St. Louis facility. Primary work occurs during normal business hours. However, this is a support position, so candidates will be expected to be available, as necessary, for support or implementations during non-business hours. Responsibilities:
- Assume 24x7 support of the Oracle E-Business Suite and Database Environment
- Monitor for proper performance of our Oracle and E-Business Database Production and Development Environments.
- Plan for and implement required Oracle patching for database and E-Business Suite.
- Work with DBA team to plan/share workload, ensuring uptime and minimal disruption to database and E-Business Environments.
- Work with Applications and Infrastructure teams to move enhancements and changes through the Information Technology change control process and perform necessary database work to support.
- Observe and suggest improvements to the Development Oracle and E-Business implementations or IT processes for more stable, efficient operations.
- Document Oracle E-business Suite configuration, support information, and procedures for clear transition to Information Technology staff.
- Mentor and train IT database administration staff to ensure support of Oracle and E-Business application area.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle databases and the E-Business suite. Our current versions are 188.8.131.52 for the Oracle databases and version R12.1.3 for the E-Business Suite.
- Knowledge of software integration and sharing of data.
- Ability to support and upgrade an Oracle E-Business installation.
- Ability to manage multiple E-Business environments at varying version levels.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot Oracle E-business and database errors in a RAC environment.
- Excellent knowledge of cloning and patching E-Business Suite
- Knowledge of E-Business AD utilities, including adadmin, adpatch, adautocfg
- Understanding of information technology standards, procedures and practices.
- Understanding of application performance characteristics, especially for the Oracle E-Business suite.
- Understanding of the E-Business Suite System Administration functions including Oracle Workflow, auditing, printing, diagnostics, security, etc.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of technical and business personnel.
- Ability to analyze and assess business needs to recommend the appropriate information technology solution.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, work under pressure, adapt to demanding situations and maintain schedules.
- Ability to document configurations, recommendations, and process information effectively.
- 5-7 years, minimum, experience maintaining and troubleshooting an Oracle E-Business environment.
- 2-3 years, minimum, experience with Oracle databases, RAC preferred.
- Degree: B.A. / B.S, or equivalent experience required.
- Field: Computer Science or related field.
- Years: Seven (7) minimum required
- Field: Oracle Applications Development and/or Administration
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com