Job Title: Product Manager (must have E-Commerce Based Product experience)
Location: Midtown, NYC
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12+ months
Contact Info: Stuart Schwartz - firstname.lastname@example.org - 201-786-2425
- The Product Manager will create powerful, customer-focused video experiences with a strong focus on subscription based e-commerce and analytics.
- Our product team leads the vision for all internal and external products that touch our users digitally.
- Our mission is to provide our users with the best video experience that reflects all the great content our brand carries.
- As a product manager, you will be responsible for building experiences across mobile, web, TV apps, game consoles, in-car, unconventional platforms and back-end internal CMS and API.
What you will do:
- Define product vision with senior management and plan for a well-defined product roadmap and backlog plan
- Develop go-to-market plans connected to the product roadmap that ensures measurability and effective communication of new features and capabilities
- Shape company's thinking on how to grow the ecommerce business through key metric indicators, testing, learning, and iteration
- Manage vendor integration to ensure a seamless integration to e-commerce platform
- Responsible for increasing conversion rates and revenue growth through the e-commerce funnel
- Establish, track, and report key metrics across the product lifecycle
- Help to develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Manage relationships with the technology, editorial, and marketing teams, and/or other stakeholders and liaise between those groups
- Lead business groups in ideation sessions and requirements gathering specifications, design, development and implementation of key products
- Author product requirements and break down into clear user stories for development
- Drive new feature development from conception to launch with consistency across all of digital products
- Work with vendors to tightly integrate them into our product development lifecycle
- Lead A/B tests to improve product engagement
- Help with defining market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research
- Analyze potential partner relationships
- Learn, understand, and actively use product management software (Jira, Confluence) to effectively manage product deliverables
- Participate in strategic planning with technical and operational management
- Identify, track, and remove impediments to product success
- Review product requests and participate in the green-light process
- Monitor the competitor market, entertainment trends, competitors analytics and customer feedback.
- Define market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research
- Manage app stores for all apps and work on strategies to maintain a highly rated group of apps
- Manage the support process including authoring FAQs and answering customers directly through stores and customer support process.
What you will need:
- 3-4 years of experience managing technical projects
- 4-5 years of experience with Agile or Lean methodologies, software engineering practices, and traditional project management approaches
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Certified Scrum Master and PMP certification highly desirable
- Experience managing projects involving responsive web design and development highly desirable
- Experience managing projects involving mobile products (e.g., apps for iOS, Android, etc.) desirable
- Experience managing projects within a media company and/or in an online businesses environment
- Ability to understand technologies applicable to a chosen project and facilitate resolution of technical issues as they arise
- Ability to lead and motivate people to encourage performance and teamwork
- Demonstrated working partnership with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product developers and QA teams
- Possess superb written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
All offers of employment at TechLink, Inc. are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Background checks will include: Social Security Verification, Prior Employment Verification, Professional References, Educational Verification, Criminal History, Motor Vehicle Records and e-verify.