Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
This position has responsibility for administrating multiple databases and applications in a complex and production support Oracle Applications environment. Person must collaborate with the global team of onshore and offshore DBAs, Developers, Functional and Testing Teams. Individual should be an expert in administration of R12 (12.2.X) Oracle EBS with Oracle RAC Database, Oracle BI and Hyperion Applications environment. The candidate must have hands on experience with WebLogic / SOA Suite administration. The candidate will be extensively working on cloud migrations, so experience or understanding of clouds like Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is a big advantage.
Typical Oracle APPS DBA Duties, including extensive support of WebLogic/OSB/SOA Suite. Responsibilities
EBS and Fusion Middleware:
- Undertake installations, upgrades, migrations, cloning and patch management of Oracle E-Business Suite environments (12.2.X)
- Perform application and database tuning, performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Work with development team on a daily basis to handle custom code migration, data fixes and extracts, and fixing performance issue
- Manage and maintenance of Fusion Middleware environment 12.2.
- Working to maintain and monitor and Oracle Cloud environments
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years of experience as Apps DBA
Good to Have Skills
- Strong professional with 5+ years of experience in DBA support of Oracle E-Business Suite R12 (12.2.X)with Oracle Database 19c
- Must have experience on R12 RAC & 12c/19c RAC and Sun Solaris Unix administration
- Must have good knowledge on AD Utilities
- Experience in Oracle SOA/OSB and Fusion Middleware a must.
- Must have knowledge of Fusion Middleware, Weblogic / SOA Suite administration
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle DB Server performance tuning, backup and recovery methods.
- Should have worked closely with Oracle Product Support for chasing and resolving the SRs
- Knowledge of EPM applications.
- Must have strong ability to work independently, and own the responsibility of reviewing and resolving issues across multiple systems
- Must have high degree of adaptability. Incumbent will be faced with a variety of issues on a day-to-day basis and will be expected to respond to these issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to mentor junior team members
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills
- Must have good attitude "to understand, troubleshoot and solve issues and willingness to learn and support new apps/technologies.
- Will be expected to work as On-Call DBA (monthly rotation), work on weekends (when needed) and work in shifts (morning and afternoon)
- SQL Server Administration and Windows Server knowledge
- Any experience or understanding about cloud infrastructure and migrating apps to clouds like AWS and Azure.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.