Job Title: EAI Analyst
Location: West Valley, Utah
Smith Johnson Job #: 14231
Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) Analyst-Staff an analyst responsible for integration efforts, involving transformation and routing of data between disparate applications or systems, including as a subset, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), as well as business, clinical, and other financial data. The analyst gathers technical requirements from the users and then helps design integration solutions. Staff/Senior level EAI Analyst is a journeyman-level professional in most aspects of EAI and/or technologies related to Integration. They participate in designing and implementing new products and/or approaches in conjunction with new/existing technologies. They have broad knowledge required within EAI design, maintenance and analysis. They implement approaches initially developed by others. Functions independently and produces results that meet standards of quality, timeliness, and acceptability with minimal supervision and general direction.
Essential Job Duties
- Shares responsibility for EAI projects and/or products.
- Participates in analysis and maintenance of the Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) environments and products.
- Participates in establishing standards and policies for architecture, infrastructure, testing, review, and deployment of interfaces and associated environments and tools.
- Participates in upgrade/maintenance efforts for Interface Engines and HIPAA validation and transformation tools.
- Analyzes and maintains maintenance and support tools, custom and third-party, used to develop and/or maintain data interfaces (GUIs, revision control tools, analysis scripts, open source, etc).
- Uses standard and custom tools in monitoring of interfaces and/or the EAI environment as well as maintenance of EAI infrastructure and environments.
- Performs software improvements and upgrades under general supervision.
- Runs and monitors performance tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Maintains user manuals/guidelines, training materials, and support materials and can provide some guidance and training to other team members.
- Deploys, maintains, improves, and supports production clinical integration programs (interfaces) and financial integration programs (interfaces) among clients numerous systems and trading partners.
- Creates, maintains, and supports interfaces in the test (UAT) environment as needed.
- Researches incidents, failures, and system events impacting EAI data.
- Cover's support pager during the work day to ensure the production EAI and EDI systems' function. Also works occasionally in the evening and weekend to ensure production 100% uptime for EAI systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in UNIX or Linux and strong database knowledge.
- Extensive understanding of/experience with tools and techniques used for data integration of systems and applications.
- This position does not primarily write code, but must be able to read, debug, and maintain code.
- Team Player
- Customer Service Orientation
Years of Exp
Nice to Have