Job Location: NYC, NJ & NC.
• Hands-on development role in the ECN/Exchange connectivity team.
• Architect, design, and develop, unit and stress test high performing ECN/Exchange gateways that are integrated tightly to the entire electronic trading stack.
• Involves handling high speed market data, order routing, RFQ, RFS, Quotations, and Trades from multiple trading venues and broker-dealers.
• Will be a key participant in a small, focused and highly talented delivery team for front office trading development.
• Great opportunities exist across multiple asset-classes, including Fixed Income, FX and Equities.
• Design and develop extreme automated stress testing harnesses.
• Delve into infrastructure tuning for high end electronic trading application platform.
• Participate in and conduct code review sessions, and provide process improvements.
• Domain expertise in Fixed Income, FX and/or Equities, coupled with hands-on experience in building electronic trading platforms and/or components is a huge plus.
Talent – Must have Qualities
• Experienced in building high speed ECN/Exchange connectivity in one or more areas of high performing market data, client connectivity, order routing, RFQ, RFS, Quotation and trades.
• High performance programming techniques in Java.
• Ability to evaluate new technologies; ability to conduct enterprise wide research.
• Experienced in FIX Protocol.
• Good understanding and working knowledge of core technology concepts in like networking, multi-threading, synchronization, data structures, algorithms, memory management, etc.
• Experienced in diagnosing performance bottlenecks and performance tuning.
• Linux programming environment familiarity.
Talent – Good to Have
• Knowledge and implementation of multiple Languages (C/C++, C#, Python.)
• Domain expertise in Fixed Income, FX and/or Equities, coupled with hands-on experience in building electronic trading platforms and components is a huge plus.
• Prior experience in building high throughput, low latency electronic trading and client connectivity systems.
• Data modeling experience.
• Extensive experience in the capital markets business and processes, e.g. trade lifecycle, electronic trading/algorithmic trading.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good understanding and/or working knowledge of Compliance and Regulatory needs in building capital markets electronic trading applications.
• Educational Requirements – Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science/Engineering.