Clover Consulting has a large, direct client in the Grand Rapids, MI area in need of a GXS EDI Specialist for a 9+ month contract opportunity.
Position Title: GXS Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Specialist
*Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.s and Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. candidates are encouraged to apply*
- Develops, modifies and supports EDI applications and integrations with various trading partners.
- Coordinates relations with and serves as a liaison to internal users, customers, and other external partners with respect to data interchange standards.
- Service Oriented: Inspires others to a strong customer service orientation
- Results Oriented : Delivers results on time and as expected
- Communication : Delivers appropriate written and verbal communication
- Self Management and Development : Takes personal responsibility for own growth and development
- Teamwork: Encourages collaboration with others to achieve a common goal
- Change: Embraces and creates change
- Business Acumen: Understands and applies appropriate business knowledge to operation of functional areas
- Analyze and resolve program/script or system failures, and other production support.
- Setting up new AS2 and SFTP connections
- Coordinating relations with and serving as a liaison to internal users, customers, and other external partners with respect to data interchange standards
- Develop and maintain EDI documentation
- Analyze current business systems, determine scope and estimates for tasks related to issues to be resolved.
- Perform integrated testing of systems for accuracy, reliability and optimal performance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Two or more years with EDI system administration, design, analysis and development
- Familiar with GXS Gateway and TradeGuide and knowledge of creating maps/translations
- Mapping skills required: X12, A2A, XML
- Proficient creating new source and target combinations
- X12: 850, 855, 856, 810, 204, 990, 210s.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and be able to work independently or within a team environment.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain or Distribution is requested.
- Proficient in translation troubleshooting
Equipment / Tools / Technology:
- Experience with EDI software and concepts
- Application Integrator 5.2 (UNIX)
- Trade Guide 5.32 Web
- Enterprise Gateway - GXS Trading Grid Web
- Workbench 5.2 Windows
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, email and internet software applications.
Qualified candidates please apply with resume and contact details.