SAIC is seeking a Linux System Administrator
to support the U.S. Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Innovation and Prototyping Directorate, Innovation and Prototype Operations Division (DCIO) through the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) contract. SAIC will work with SMC to modernize satellite ground systems for United States Space Force (USSF) operations, research and development (R&D) and demonstration missions to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS program and its customers. The position is located in Albuquerque, NM. Key responsibilities are:
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the Linux environment for the SMC/DCIO ground enterprise.
- Build, configure, and administrate all aspects of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6, 7, & 8
- Must be able to apply security hardness according to DISA STIG requirements, build, configure, and administrate Red Hat Satellite Server 6.
- Be able to export/import Satellite repository from connected networks to multiple disconnected networks.
- Familiar with Ansible and be able to deploy playbooks via the Red Hat Satellite Server
- Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Performs a variety of difficult assignments associated with monitoring and controlling computer operating systems.
- Must possess an active Top Secret clearance. Must be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- B.S. degree and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience is desired or 9+ years' experience (preferred) in lieu of education.
- Experience working with Linux, Windows Server, VMware, and Active Directory
- Current Security + CE certification
Must be able to obtain one of the following certifications within the first six months of employment.
- Linux: (any one)
- RedHat Certified Systems Admin (RHCSA)
- Oracle Linux OCA & OCP
- LPI (LINUX Professional Institute Cert) LPIC-1/LPIC-2
- COMPTIA Server+ CE
My SAIC Benefits.