On behalf of our client, Procom Services is looking for a EPC Engineer to work on a 12 month + contract.
EPC Engineer Description:
Senior wireless packet core technologist will provide technical on-site testing services for 4G EPC, 5G core and IMS at wireless operator.
- This position requires a strong combination of technical and business acumen and the ability to effectively work multiple projects and tasks
- Provide a consistent interface to the customer for all aspects of technical and engineering activity
- Serve as the technical liaison on client’s responses to customer technical issues and questions
- Create, run and debug Landslide, 4G EPC, 5G Core and IMS testcases for the customer.
- Remain active in network implementation and testing activities through customer network acceptance
- Participating in scrum meetings
- Process and maintain pertinent information within a support focused CRM system.
- Primary focus will be 90% technical, and 10% business
- Provide weekly status reports to the client and customer management.
EPC Engineer required skills:
Must have skills:
- Sr. level Evolved Packet Core Engineering experience
- VoLTE Call flow knowledge
- Strong experience writing test cases
- Basic IP knowledge
- Installation, Upgrade, downgrade, database backup, log gathering
- Data message flow configuration, modification and debugging
Nice to have skills:
- Landslide (must have / strong preference for)
- Experience creating automation test scripts in Python (preferred), TCL, Perl, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience leading successful initiatives implementing IP core infrastructure that enables IP multimedia applications for mobile operators
- Must have direct experience with LTE packet core, good to have, Carrier/Commercial IMS functional elements and technologies.
- Theoretical knowledge of 5G core design and function is a must, hands on experience is highly desirable.
- An understanding of data communications concepts as well as existing and future 3GPP and 3GPP2 network architectures
- Knowledge of wireless technology such as: X-CSCF, PCRF, HSS, AAA, SGSN, GGSN, AMF, UPF, Home Agent, DPI Solutions and Billing systems.
- Some knowledge of wireless protocols such as: PPP, IPv4, IPv6, Proxy Mobile IP, GTP, Iu, Gb, Radius, Diameter.
- Experience with installation, testing and development of IP based applications into the Service provider market a plus.
Customer Facing Experience
- Track record delivering technical support for, LTE and IP Multimedia solutions with wireless operators
- Experience interfacing with wireless operators and network equipment vendors preferably in one of the following roles: Support Engineer, Consultant, Resident Engineer.
- Self-motivated and track record for completing projects on time
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable working exclusively onsite at client location
EPC Engineer Length:
- 12 month + contract possible extensions
EPC Engineer Start Date:
EPC Engineer Location:
Chicago, IL area (hybrid remote/onsite)