Montefiore Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center, the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Montefiore is one of healthcare's most wired hospitals, widely recognized by the Hospitals & Health Networks' 15th annual Most Wired Survey for our adoption of technology to support clinical care and patient safety & privacy, infrastructure, business and administrative management, and the continuum of care. Our experts deploy new technologies, identify and define business process improvements and provide stakeholders across the institution with the resources needed to meet their most difficult challenges. As a Montefiore IT employee, you'll have ample opportunities to transform patient care, improve health outcomes and gain insight into the technical workings of one of the nation's top academic medical centers. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of healthcare through advanced IT solutions! Montefiore Health System employs over 30,000 associates, including our IT division of 800 people. Montefiore IT is located in Yonkers, NY.
*Epic Certification in 3M 360 Encompass application and prior experience working with 3M solutions preferred
We are hiring an Application Analyst who will utilize their knowledge of the client's clinical or business requirements, application capabilities, and their technical skills to implement and support applications. The Application Analyst is responsible for implementation of new applications, upgrades and modifications to existing systems and assisting with coordination of these efforts. The incumbent will also work on application configuration, go-live support, and on-going client support. The Application Analyst works on multiple projects concurrently and has responsibilities within each phase of the project life cycle including user and project meetings, requirements development and review, development, implementation, go-live and post go-live support. The Application Analyst provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization's mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care. The Application Analyst will be responsible for implementation, support and maintenance of Computer Assisted Coding (CAC), Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI), Health Information Management (HIM) and Epic solutions.
• The Application Analyst will Install new applications, new components, and upgrade existing applications such as 3M 360 Encompass, Epic, One Content. Configure application settings and validate configurations.
• Analyze complex problems and specify solutions. With in-depth understanding of available software systems and their current and potential functionality, propose necessary application modifications and work with appropriate Montefiore IT associates or the vendor to coordinate implementation of modifications.
• Determine how a new system, upgrade, release or new component can best meet needs of users.
• Perform a thorough evaluation of workflows, analyze business/clinical requirements, interpret end user requirements and help client move towards optimal solution.
• Prepare detailed requirements specifications and provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and configuring systems and procedures that meet user requirements.
• Create test plans and test new systems, version upgrades and any system modification. Document all outcomes of testing and serve as the support contact for the application.
• Assist with defining go-live and rollout support schedule. Provide go-live, rollout, downtime support, assist with field support activities.
• Perform on-call, rotational end-user support, with monitoring activities and system health checks.
• Work with relevant teams responsible for ensuring effective procedures and standard operational protocols.
• Follow-up, troubleshoot and resolve problem tickets generated both internally and externally. Resolve critical issues independently as necessary.
• Write and maintain accurate and current documentation for supported applications. Create and participate in maintenance of training materials.
• Act as a liaison to the vendor for Montefiore IT or the client.
• Provide assistance to other team members as needed.
• Bachelor's degree OR Equivalent Experience
• Certification in 3M 360 Encompass application and prior experience working with 3M solutions preferred
• Certifications in Epic HIM modules: Hospital Coding, ROI-Release of Information, Deficiency Tracking, Identity. (Candidates that can demonstrate their ability to pass EPIC Certification in combination with relevant skills/experience herein will be considered)
• * Meeting all requirements for EPIC Certification is a condition of employment.
• Prior experience working with or in Documentation Improvement and Health Information Management Operations or in Healthcare IT
• Knowledge of Clinical Documentation and Coding Improvement functions and operations
• Application implementation, troubleshooting, testing, and support experience
• Programming or other technical skills; logic analysis
• Project management skills are a plus - (leading meetings, prioritizing, resolving conflict, maintaining issues list, and/or managing a project plan)
• Experience supporting end users
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Department: Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: YONKERS Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 4 Executive Blvd, Yonkers
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID: 142903
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.