Montefiore Medical Center has redefined healthcare. Through our multidisciplinary approach, we are able to provide access to a wide variety of medical specialties for a full range of clinical services, ensuring seamless, coordinated care for our patients. This unique team approach infuses camaraderie among physicians, nurses and other specialty care providers. Our EMR platform, Epic, supports our collaborative, team-oriented environment, which has contributed to our becoming one of the nation's premier healthcare systems. Montefiore employs 34,000 including our IT department with 800 IT professionals, all focused on deploying technology, identifying process improvements, and using best IT practices to improve patient care. Montefiore IT is located in Yonkers, NY.
Population Health has been part of the fabric at Montefiore since the 1990's- long before Population Health was recognized as critical by our peer hospital systems. We are seeking a Sr. Application Analyst to work on EPIC Healthy Planet. The Sr. Application Analyst-Healthy Planet will primarily be involved in implementations and on-going support of Healthy Planet. The Sr. Application Analyst will be involved in the development and/or configuration of a wide range of population health functions including, but not limited to, clinical quality measures, improving physician workflows , Reporting Workbench reports, patient registries, and Radar dashboards. Responsibilities include:
- Business Analysis - Analyze complex business problems and specify the functionality of solutions with minimal oversight; Work independently to provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing modules and procedures that meet user requirements; Determine, communicate and escalate issues/risks; Provide Project Management support across all phases of SDLC.
- Build - Define an overall build design and leverage Epic strategies to implement while seeking to improve efficiency; Through unit testing, maintain a level of quality up to departmental standards; engage with other Epic teams, that support other modules, to promote a complete solution; Lead design review sessions
- Client Management - Work directly with internal and external stakeholders to assess business needs, provide relevant solutions, and communicate information effectively; Manage expectations
- Quality Assurance - Determine testing methodology and test plans for unit and integrated testing; Coordinate user acceptance testing; Execute functional, regression, load testing etc.
- Data Analysis - Conduct data analysis and troubleshooting
- Documentation - Prepare detailed requirement specification documents, process flows, and other required documents; Create training materials in conjunction with Instructional Designers and/or participate in training
- Leadership - Provide leadership to team members
- Epic certification in Healthy Planet or Ambulatory is required
- Minimum 4 years of build experience in Epic EMR, including experience with Reporting Workbench
- Strong SQL Server background
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Proficiency in writing test plans and use cases
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with users, customers, vendors, peers and management
- Working knowledge of population health initiatives including clinical quality measures
- Extensive knowledge on the interdependencies of reporting, analytics, database management, and working with external data sources
- Experience with Epic Cogito including Clarity Data Model
Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit:
Non Union Campus:
YONKERS Employment Status:
Regular Full-Time Address:
3 Odell Plaza, YonkersShift:
Day Scheduled Hours:
8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID:
101739 Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.