Montefiore Medical Center has redefined healthcare. Through our multidisciplinary approach, we are able to provide access to a wide variety of medical specialties for a full range of clinical services, ensuring seamless, coordinated care for our patients. This unique team approach infuses camaraderie among physicians, nurses and other specialty care providers. Our EMR platform, Epic, supports our collaborative, team-oriented environment, which has contributed to our becoming one of the nation's premier healthcare systems. Our elite Epic team takes pride in having completed our initial Epic implementation fully half a year ahead of schedule.
We are excited to announce that we are implementing Epic EHR for clinical and patient financial activity as well as consolidating ancillary core systems at White Plains Hospital (WPH), Nyack Hospital, Burke Rehabilitation, St. Luke's Cornwall and Montefiore New Rochelle This project supports Montefiore Health System's strategic initiative to more closely integrate members and provide more advanced and better-coordinated care to patients in the region.
As part of this expansion, we are seeking a Software Engineer for the EPIC Bridges team. The Software Engineer/Interfaces Analyst provides technical guidance and may serve as an internal consultant to other teams on the project. This position is responsible for designing and implementing integration solutions between Epic and other systems (application teams within Epic). The Software Engineer will be involved in the full life cycle of interface development including requirements gathering, build, test, go-live and on-going production support. The Software Engineer w orks on multiple projects concurrently Responsibilities:
- Serve as liaison between team management and the engineers and mentor and provide guidance to software engineers
- Utilize strong technical skills and business understanding to solve technical issues, and troubleshoot functional issues from clients
- Substantial client interface
- Development of HL7 specifications for the interface
- Document integration workflow
- Creation and execution of test plans
- Interface troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Bachelor's Degree equivalent work experience
- Epic Bridges certification is required.
- 1+ years of experience with interface/integration projects
- Experience with E*Gate, Ensemble or any comparable interface engine is helpful
- Exposure and understanding of HL7 standard messages
- Experience working with interfaced/integrated multi-vendor application preferred
- Technical understanding of Cache data structures preferred
- Software development and application testing experience
- Critical thinker
- Strong communication, interpersonal and rapport-building skills
- Meeting all requirements for EPIC certification is a condition of employment
Montefiore Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center, the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Montefiore is one of healthcare's most wired hospitals, widely recognized by the Hospitals & Health Networks' 15th annual Most Wired Survey for our adoption of technology to support clinical care and patient safety & privacy, infrastructure, business and administrative management, and the continuum of care. Our experts deploy new technologies, identify and define business process improvements and provide stakeholders across the institution with the resources needed to meet their most difficult challenges. As a Montefiore IT employee, you'll have ample opportunities to transform patient care, improve health outcomes and gain insight into the technical workings of one of the nation's top academic medical centers. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of healthcare through advanced IT solutions! Montefiore Health System employs over 40,000 associates, including our IT division of 1,000 people. Montefiore IT is located in Yonkers, NY. Department:
Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit:
Non Union Campus:
YONKERS Employment Status:
Regular Full-Time Address:
3 Odell Plaza, YonkersShift:
Day Scheduled Hours:
8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID:
109525 Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.