This position will be an integral member of our technical Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365FO) ERP team and is responsible for ensuring customer service excellence in the technical support, implementation, and operational maintenance of new and existing releases and enhancements of the platform. This role is responsible for business and technical requirements, technical specifications, system administration and configuration, implementation, and support for customizations to D365FO features in support of Ultimate Software’s Accounting and Finance operations. Qualified candidates possess broad experience working with application development, system integration, data migration, conducting requirements gathering sessions and documenting those requirements for systems projects. Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, understanding their business processes and daily use of D365FO and financial business applications.
- Analyze complex business problems and provides expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing solutions.
- Elicit business requirements related to enhancements, defects, new D365FO release updates, and new systems configurations.
- Work with internal stakeholders to scope out modifications and convert business requirements to functional specifications, user stories, and design documents.
- Configure business applications and perform system administration functions in support of business requirements.
- Provide business facing ERP support and problem resolution - troubleshoot production issues, identify and address the root cause, and work with operations teams to get the resolution deployed to production.
- Provide end user support for escalations, work case resolution with Microsoft and ISVs as needed, and ensure IT service levels are maintained.
- Perform functional testing and coordinate user acceptance testing in support of application upgrades and enhancements.
- Support Project Managers in planning, execution and management of project deliverables and risks. Execute PM role on some small projects.
- Maintain expert, in depth knowledge of the D365FO platform including workflows, customizations, and integrations.
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
- 6+ years of experience in an IT application development, administration or configuration role related to enterprise business technology systems
- Proven track record of success with 3-5 years in ERP business systems analysis and support
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Proficiency in understanding business problems and opportunities, collaborating on requirements, and translating requirements to technical specifications
- Knowledge of and experience working with finance and accounting processes
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills including demonstrated ability to analyze issues and to work effectively with cross functional groups to craft solutions.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX or D365FO system administration, configuration, implementation and application support
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, facilitation and relationship building skills.
- Curiosity and passion for delivering high quality and innovative technical solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Working knowledge of database design and SQL (Query Language)
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact
It has come to our attention that some people have been contacted online by persons impersonating job recruiters for Ultimate Software. These fraudulent “recruiters” have used Gmail accounts to contact, and have requested personal information, such as depositing a check to purchase work-related supplies. These are not legitimate recruiters or job offers, and do not represent Ultimate Software. To safely apply for and view open positions at Ultimate Software, please click “Apply" and follow the instructions. Note that our recruiter emails always come from an official ultimatesoftware.com email address.
If you suspect you have been the victim of this or a related fraud, immediately contact your financial institution, and then file a complaint with the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov. If you shared other personal or sensitive information, you may need to take additional actions relative to what was shared. Your local law enforcement department may also be able to assist. For any general security related questions regarding Ultimate, feel free to email