ERP Project Manager - Franklin Park, IL
National Lift Truck is looking for a Project Manager / ERP Implementation Leader to be responsible for leading a mission-critical project to implement a new/refreshed ERP solution across all National locations. Although the project is already underway in the very initial phases, strong skills around translation of complex business requirements into formal processes will be critical. The project team is establishing specific solutions, applications or processes which ultimately culminate in user acceptance of the results. Leadership of the process will be critical to the project s success.
- Manages engagements with significant complexity and cross-functional teams.
- Provide project leadership and assistance across planning and deployment, finance and risk management, operations transformation, systems integration, and program development.
- Coordinate with the existing team to ensure that PMO standard toolkit and methodologies are being adopted and maintained.
- Create and maintain program milestones, inter-dependencies, training and communication plans.
- Lead meeting presentations with stakeholders to move forward key tasks and escalate significant process bottlenecks, anticipated delays and critical path analysis.
- Manage reporting and resolution of issues, risks and dependencies, proactively identifying potential planning gaps, suggesting mitigations to risks, actions to close issues or complete open items.
- Evaluate organizational readiness in advance of transition events.
- Assist in managing the approach, tools and processes that will be used to support transition events.
- Execute key activities within each integration phase; drive meetings and meeting note generation and open items matrix.
- Interact collaboratively in complex and ever-changing situations, strong communication skills and the ability to solve problems, execute and transfer knowledge.
- Prefer technical-functional experience with the ability to liaise and interact collaboratively while maintaining strong communication planning and execution skills.
- Prefer demonstration experience in leading, coordinating large-scale initiatives involving merger integrations.
- Ability to discuss and champion the business case for change to a business audience, and then plan and execute solutions that are of recognizable value to the business.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills to build relationships and foster trust at all organizational levels.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with the development of all aspects of the ERP system implementation including, but not limited to, gathering requirements, designing the future state solution, and the development objects related to their process scope, as well as supporting testing and post implementation support.
- Experience with Architecture, System Design, Configuration, Customization, Integration and Testing, Projection Cutover and Support.
- Knowledge of integration points and the order in which these must be executed.
- Experience working with design, implementation, and support of knowledge management solutions and related technologies for collaborative information sharing.
- Experience with gap analysis and strategic roadmap/blueprint development.
- Experience with large Full Life Cycle (FLC) project implementation.
- Experience and deep knowledge of distributor business operations desired.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong executive presence and ability to interact with CxO level.
- Mentors team members in technology, architecture, and delivery of applications.
- Bachelor s Degree required, Master s degree preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Strong prior experience with ERP implementation project leadership. Salesforce experience preferred.
- 5+ years managing large-scale projects preferred
- Experienced in using Project Management software (Visio, PowerPoint, MS Office Suite)
- Multiple location experience required.
- A change agent who can streamline processes is required.
- In addition to strong business operations knowledge and decision-making skills, should be experienced in negotiation, vendor management, risk management, project financials, KPI & reporting.
- Proven ability to help coordinate project plans across workstreams.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to efficiently manage competing demands.
- Experience coordinating with external systems integrators.
**Candidates should be flexible and willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and is not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support, and Deployment. The position will require some travel during the implementation time-frame. The ability to travel domestically up to 30% through mid-2019 is required.