Montefiore Information Technology (MIT) is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will play a key role in the implementation and support of a new ERP suite including the Finance, Supply Chain, HR and Asset Management functions on a single ERP system across all business partners. This strategic position will be part of a strong team that will play a pivotal role in the health system s ERP technology transformation program and evolve to a shared services model across Montefiore Medicine. This will be a ground breaking project that will be one of the largest INFOR rollouts to date.
The ideal candidate must possess strong development and problem-solving skills and will work with the business analysts to evaluate requirements and recommend process improvements in the ERP solution. This Senior Software Engineer role has responsibilities within each phase of the ERP Transformation project life cycle including user meetings, requirements gathering, development, testing, implementation, and go-live.
The Senior Software Engineer provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization s mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care. Role and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Lead solution design, prototyping, development, and deployment of Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions, and Forms customizations (RICEF).
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex system and user issues and coordinate issue resolution efforts across peer support groups, technical support teams, and vendors as needed.
- Influence and support the overall roadmap for the ERP Product portfolio of Montefiore Medicine business processes.
- Stay current with trends and developments in ERP technologies and formulate strategic courses of action.
- Be a catalyst for innovation and growth within business operations.
- Work effectively within and across ERP/Finance/HR business operations and IT teams to execute projects and roadmap items.
- Prioritize related initiatives and coordinate the evaluation, deployment and implementation of current and future ERP functionality.
- Use stakeholder feedback to recommend improvements and adjustments to ERP functionality.
- Provide guidance during the detailed design, build, test and deploy phases.
- Monitor application performance, service delivery performance metrics, change management, ticketing and resolution of incidents and resolution of identified problems.
- Assist Software Engineers and other team members as necessary. Encourage, assist, and foster development of co-worker s skills and proficiency.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in application design and creation of related documentation.
- 5+ years of experience with interface/integration projects.
- Knowledge of, and/or certifications in, the Agile software development methodology is desired.
- Experience in ERP is must; any experience with Infor Mongoose is a huge plus
- Software development and application testing experience.
- Expertise with cloud based ERP modules.
- Understanding of Workflow Management Systems.
- Experience upgrading ERP / Financial applications with an understanding of the changes between versions.
- Knowledge and experience with open interfaces and application programming interfaces (APIs).
- Understanding of flex fields, workflow, setup and profile options.
- Understanding of shared services / multi-organization functionality.
- Working knowledge of SQL query tools.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience. MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and assist with support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work consistently and efficiently to achieve overall team as well as personal goals.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous projects and initiatives.
- Strong planning, organization, critical thinking, decision-making skills and problem-solving aptitude.
- High degree of confidentiality, maturity, tactfulness and business ethics.
- Experience with large-scale ERP implementations in a heavily regulated, compliance-driven enterprise environment and a strong track record of delivering complex projects across multiple departments.
- Experience in an academic medical center is highly desirable.
Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit:
Non Union Campus:
MONTEFIORE IT Employment Status:
Regular Full-Time Address:
3 Odell Plaza, Yonkers Shift:
N/A Scheduled Hours:
8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID:
92755 Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law. LI-MF1-REDIRECT; SF-DICE-MIT
Posted Date: Thu, 13 06 2019 00:00:00 GMT
Department: Montefiore Information Technology