Business Analyst (ERP)
As the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems Analyst, the successful candidate will be responsible for the enterprise establishment and maintenance of a fully automated ERP system. If interested in this position please send an updated copy of your resume to Duties:
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
- Understand and work closely with LOBs to understand workflow and daily operations.
- Provide ongoing map and gap to identify areas of improvement through utilization of existing abilities and or adoption of additional processes/features.
- Maintain documented workflow of all Costpoint ERP processes/workflows.
- Assist LOB's with identifying KPIs and reporting requirements.
- Assist managers in functional business areas with Costpoint ERP solution deployment and adoption.
- Ensure timely reporting is achieved to ensure program success.
- Ensure program data (parts/vendors/contract data etc.) can be loaded into the Costpoint ERP system correctly.
- Assist with confirmation of exported data for BOMs is processed.
- Assist in developing views of available information (i.e. reports, dashboards) to support company projects and operations.
- Gather information regarding problems and issues with an effective resolution. Troubleshoot any unexpected behavior from the systems or any instance where inconsistent information is identified.
- Trains or coordinates staff on the use of business systems including individual training on how to execute job specific tasks as well as corporate training of the entire team to ensure systems are properly used at the enterprise level.
- Maintain training documentation/user guides applicable to each program.
- Work with team members to establish project plans for implementing changes to existing programs or implementing new modules/programs.
- Assist with testing/validation of changes to existing programs or implementation of new programs prior to release to production.
- Costpoint ERP/MRP system analysis experience required.
- Must have proven ERP experience with defense products and programs.
- Proven experience and understanding of Material Planning and Management in complex projects.
- Understanding of IT as it relates to the overall system design and connectivity.
- Ability to communicate with Senior Prime Contractor and Senior DOD personnel.
- Ability to work well as part of an operation, technical and engineering team as well as work independently with limited supervision.
- Experience in Business Process Analysis & Design.
- Knowledge of business intelligence and reporting tools require (i.e. Cognos, etc.).
- Knowledge of DOD industry.
- 5 years minimum experience with defense products and programs.
- Ideal candidate has experience in some or all of these business environments: aerospace, engineering, aircraft modifications, assembly, software development, depot repair operations.
- Experience with major manufacturing business (defense contractors preferred)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or