We are seeking a full time, Systems Administrator to work at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt Md. The successful candidate will support operations and maintenance, on site at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Earth Sciences Data and Information Systems Project. You must be a US Citizen for this position.
* Advanced Linux System Administration (CentOS / RHEL) including configuration management and system security.
* Ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate at the highest technical levels of organizational decision-making.
* Proficiency in system and network configuration and troubleshooting.
* Experience planning for and performing backups and restores
* Familiar with web application servers (Apache, Tomcat, Jboss, etc)
* Experience in database installation, upgrades and maintenance (e.g. MariaDB, PostgreSQL).
* Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, Xen)
* Familiar with content and patch management software (Spacewalk/Satellite)
* Ability to create and maintain configuration and security documentation.
* NASA experience or previous federal government support experience and knowledge of the FISMA Certification & Accreditation (C&A) processes and requirements is a plus.
* Procurement experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Serve as Linux Systems Administrator
* Identify and meet customer requirements and ensure completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support system performance and availability.
* Collaborate with technical and non-technical team members.
* Maintain security and overall integrity of the systems per NASA guidelines. Follow incident reporting process in case of events affecting system security.
* Review new technologies against business requirements to identify opportunities for improving: process, performance, reliability, data management, storage, backup.
* Analyze, log, track and resolve software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
* Perform troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose system problems; document system events to ensure continuous functioning.
* Recommend and implement course of actions as needed.
* Provide monthly IT security metrics.
Experience: 5 plus years Linux Systems administration
Education: BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.