Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of Business Intelligence Solutions using SSIS or equivalent ETL tools and Cognos reporting solutions to address HR Business needs. Possesses strong data analysis skills, database development skills (SQL, view creation and stored procedures) and provides input on data model designs. Designs, develops and troubleshoots complex Cognos reporting solutions using report studio, framework manager and transformer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Data Analysis.
- Assists data architects in definition of the logical and physical data models (both transactional & dimensional)
- Designs, develops and implements ETL (extract, transformation and load) Processes
- Configures and tunes ETL processes
- Troubleshoots and resolves data and performance issues in SQL Server (ex. queries/views)
- Develops, supports and troubleshoots Cognos reporting solutions (complex reports, cubes and dashboards).
- Creates, updates, or maintains reporting metadata (Cognos Framework Manager )
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with DB design using Erwin v8 (and above)
- Experience with ETL tool SSIS/SQL Server Integration Services 2008 (and above).
The candidate must have the following experience in order to be considered for this position:
- 3+ Years of experience with Database Development in a SQL Server 2008 (and above) Environment.
- 3+ years of experience with ETL design and development (SSIS or equivalent tool)
- 3+ years of experience with Cognos 10 (and above) in Framework Manager, Report Studio and Transformer
Ability to perform detailed data analysis
Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations